Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little question. I recently bought a Hammerhead Gunship. And there was only three upgrades! This was a seeker missile (only one. how come?), some thing with 3 thin things :lol: and some antenna. Where can I get other upgrades, and I'd very much like 4 seeker missiles. Or can I use one to represent 4? Please reply!

·
Registered
23 Posts
From my understanding the "thing with 3 thin things" are the Sensor spines, and I'm guessing the antenna is either Multi-tracker or Target lock. Other upgrades can be ordered from ForgeWorld, and if you want more seeker missiles I think you'd probably have to order 3 more Tank Weapon sprues, although I don't think you have to have 4 physical missiles on your tank; you just tell your opponent what upgrades your tank has.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can order the parts at the GW online stores, and I believe it says in the codex that you don't have to represent the seeker missiles or something... lol
yes you do have to represent the seeker missles heres a idea buy another hammerhead take some model clay make it into a square and put it over where the guy on top goes and where the gun goes attach two railguns to it and also get a XV88 take off its missle pods on its hands and put those where the engines are supposed to go than glue the engines to the missle pods on the side!

do not fear anything but fear itself

-J.F. kenddey

·
Registered
44 Posts
For the Devil Fish Transport...is it possible to put targetting array on it as well? The Hammerhead gunship already has one...I thought that the little swivel camera thingy was it...and on a Devil Fish it's taken up by the burst cannon.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by darkjonin59@Jul 5 2003, 04:38
For the Devil Fish Transport...is it possible to put targetting array on it as well? The Hammerhead gunship already has one...I thought that the little swivel camera thingy was it...and on a Devil Fish it's taken up by the burst cannon.
Yeah you can still buy a devil fish any of the upgrades. I saw what I want to say is the upgrade parts, it doesnt have to be completely standard with everything else. I didnt put the three antennae thing on the front of my hammerhead either. I put it on the back and it looks good to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
"but the upgrades on the ships aren't necessary. I didn't feel like going thru all the trouble to order them from forge world, so i juss pay up the point cost for the upgrades
"

I can't disagree more with xMysticx. have you not heard of the WYSIWYG rule (IE what you see is what you get). If you turn up to tournement with a tank, or any other model, without wargear and upgrades modeled onto it, that upgrade will not be allowed an you will lose the points for it. It might seem a bit unfair, especilly when they only give you one seaker missile, but it's more than just rules laywering and profiteering for GW. The WYSIWYG rule is important because it it avoids ambiguity and confusion, and is more sporting as it lets you opponent know what to expect if he can be bothered to look. It also stops cheeting, and accusations of cheating ( ie 'Honestly, he does have a shield generator').

Even if you never enter tournements (I never have) you should still play the WYSIWYG rule. It's fair, sporting and shows you have taken pride in your army.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by Saxon@Jul 12 2003, 15:57
"but the upgrades on the ships aren't necessary. I didn't feel like going thru all the trouble to order them from forge world, so i juss pay up the point cost for the upgrades
"

I can't disagree more with xMysticx. have you not heard of the WYSIWYG rule (IE what you see is what you get). If you turn up to tournement with a tank, or any other model, without wargear and upgrades modeled onto it, that upgrade will not be allowed an you will lose the points for it. It might seem a bit unfair, especilly when they only give you one seaker missile, but it's more than just rules laywering and profiteering for GW. The WYSIWYG rule is important because it it avoids ambiguity and confusion, and is more sporting as it lets you opponent know what to expect if he can be bothered to look. It also stops cheeting, and accusations of cheating ( ie 'Honestly, he does have a shield generator').

Even if you never enter tournements (I never have) you should still play the WYSIWYG rule. It's fair, sporting and shows you have taken pride in your army.
The rule is important but its really okay if you dont have access to getting the models or someone can say different things are what the upgrades are. When I play in RTTs or GTs its always important to have a copy of your army list for your opponent and give it to them before the game so they have. Yes you should model as much of the craft as possible to represent everything thats on it but there is some give if you dont. I havent always had everything exhibited and I have never gotten into trouble.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.