Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i really like the idea of a city being stormed while there is a tech marine council and body guards in the city. So i made a cool list that i will play.

Master of the forge 120
Conversion beamer,
Master of the forge 120
Conversion beamer,
Dread 130
Plasma cannon, extra armor
Dread 130
Plasma cannon, extra armor
10 marines 235
Lascannon, melta gun,
10 marines 235
Lascannon, melta gun,
10 marines 235
Lascannon, melta gun,
5 devastaters 150
4 multi meltas
5 devastaters 150
4 multi meltas
Thunder fire cannon 100
10 assault marines 245
2 flamers,2X power claws, melta bomb,

·
King of France
737 Posts
I'd suggest taking out the devs and thunderfire cannon, adding in rhinos for all the space marine squads and getting some seargeants with powerfists. If mech isn't your style, then forgo the rhinos, but I do suggest them. The fact that the list is begging to be assaulted by opposing walkers and MC's is a major problem I see. Powerfists are your friends.

The Dev's aren't really neccessary, with all the lascannons flying around.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If you're aiming to design a list for a fluffy battle...

You should only select one Master of the Forge, each Chapter only has one.

Since it is a Tech-Marine list, it would make sense to include more rare and sacred artifacts, relics entrusted under the MoF's care. Such as:
+Terminator Armour
+Dreadnoughts (you include two, but you can include up to six. Personally I like that you didn't, but it also just doesn't seem right that you aren't using the MoF's ability)
+Transports and Vehicles (your lack of Rhino's is surprising.. they would almost seem mandatory with the presence of the MoF)
+Plasmas
+Thunderfire Cannons

Otherwise, it looks rather vanilla aside from the MoF (and his twin??), and the TFC.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh the team of the army is a tech marine gathering in a city, while this gathering is tacking place the city is being stormed so there arnt any time to get into transports. I am probably going to take out the devastators and add 2 dreads(maybe iron clad) to keep in the theme of it all. As for troops i cant really take anything but marines. Question from me is, 1 do servitors count as a separate unit for kill points, 2 for the heavy 4 blasts the cannon does do you scatter for one then just Scatter die the rest or do you roll to scatter each one separate. Also what would be all the fluffy based units for tech marine gathering(which units would be present in the occasion of a meeting) as the codex is a friends and don't have time to read it. Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.