1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Knight-Champion
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Techmarines can't.
Servitors can't.
Even the Master of the Forge can't.

So despite the fact they were able to in the last Codex, and that it would be really useful as it would allow the Techmarine to zip about and fix things, it's not possible for them to take them as dedicated transports.

So the people who build and maintain the chapter's transports can't use them.

Arses.

Not really a question, more of a peeved statement!

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

I thought for a moment more and thought of one way around this (albeit not an ideal one).

Instead of taking Servitors, attach the Techmarine / MoF to a 5-Man Tactical Squad w/Razorback.

I might even model up 5 Marines as Trainee Techmarines and their transport.

It's still not right though!

·
3 Getrudes
1,710 Posts
Why not just let him and his Servitors use a Rhino from one of your Tactical Squads? The new rules on dedicated transports mean it's perfectly fine; you just cant deploy him in it is all. That's not ideal either, but it's better than nothing :-s

It is a bit stupid that Techmarines and MoFs can't have their own transports anymore.

·
Ory'hara's Flagship
330 Posts
I'm not sure on this but i think you can just buy transports with them being attached to units, For the cost in the said codex. It can be used to represent his personal transport even though every other squad under the sun might want to use it first

·
Registered
324 Posts
Put him on a bike? The only draw back being that he doesn't get a bonus to repairs from the servies.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Ah but the difference there is that their Command Squad / Honour Guard / Terminator Squad can, or you can just buy a Land Raider as Heavy Support and put them in it.
You can buy a small tactical squad, attach the techmarine and put them all in a razorback then.

·
Lord of Shadows
603 Posts
Tech Marine (or MotF) on bike + biker squad is extremely effective. Really consider it for massed power-fist (like) strikes.

As for transport, you either attach him to a unit with a transport, or hijack one from another unit. Sorry.

CR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts