Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a noob question but I'm just curious. I know Teclis is really good with the shadow magic for the pit of shades but what other lores is he good with. Also, what is that one spell that switches the oppents ws, s, t, bs with your character? Because Im dying to try it with Teclis against a Chaos army Im playing against this weekend and he hinted he could be using Crom. Imagin switching his stats with Teclis! 8X

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I know this is a noob question but I'm just curious. I know Teclis is really good with the shadow magic for the pit of shades but what other lores is he good with. Also, what is that one spell that switches the oppents ws, s, t, bs with your character? Because Im dying to try it with Teclis against a Chaos army Im playing against this weekend and he hinted he could be using Crom. Imagin switching his stats with Teclis! 8X
i wouldn't waste your magic potential for just one spell. Yeah, Pit of shades is pretty good against dwarves adn the like, but other than unseen lurker, the lore kind of stinks. There is really only a few lores that are worth taking consistently, because they have 4-5 useful spells instead of just 2-3. Where Teclis knows all the spells in the lore and generates tons of power dice himself, I would think you would want something to have lots of useful spells.
High, Fire, Metal, Beasts come to mind as the consistently used lores. I could see where light and death might be useful in certain games against certain armies, but generally speaking that's the way to go. I don't know of a spell that lets you switch stats. There are some that make you WS 1 for a turn or so and there are some magic items that let you switch stats and ward saves, but they aren't available to teclis. Basically, you don't want teclis in any type of combat, ever. Gnoblars would eat him alive if that makes any impression on you how weak he is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah I think you are thinking of the Empire item Von Horsmann's Speculum in which case the Lore of shadows is great as you can put your wizard in the front rank of a unit and then when the time is right charge him out with Steed of Shadows against a nice tasty enemy character, challenge him and then watch his face drain of all colour when you swap some of your your stats....would be sweet on Crom.

Unfortunately as already mentioned this isn't an option for Teclis.

If I was you if i was going defensive I would go Life or stick with HE magic. It really is one of the best Lores around and should keep all your other units safe until they get in to CC with Teclis using it.

I do however get the feeling that you want to use Teclis really ofensivley. Having him run around the field blasting chaos back from whence it came. If I'm right then I would go with either Fire or Death. Metal could also work really nice against chaos with all their high level armour.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Against Chaos, Metal is the way to go.

As he will know all the spells, Teclis can cook units, and make them less effective with this lore. It is your best bet to get through their thick armour.

ninja out

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
There is no specific lore Teclis is good at. He is good at them all. It however depends on the user. How they use the lore, what spells they use, when they use them. On what targets, and if they get the spells off or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts