Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so in a game past there were 2 rulez in the brettonian book that were contested (though they seem clear as day to me) and it was decided that to save argueing we would d6 it and evens it went one way and odds the other.

1. in the book is shows the lance formation

KKK
KkK
KkK all the capitol K's are the highlighted knight models. do the knights who are in the 2nd and third ranks (and so on and so on) horses get to fight as well? (it seems to me they can but on a roll of d6 sadly it was ruled that I was not allowed)

2. My paladin had the sword of hero's and was fighting a giant (quite successfully for that matter) he had dealt 3 woulds to it and the giant had rolled pick up and... and it says that I get to make an attack but it does not disclose if it has to be a mundane or if you can use a magical weapon. so would I get to use my so and in doing so causeing d3 more wounds?

thanks in advance ( i once again was over-ruled and my paladin was terminated) :sick:

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
1. in the book is shows the lance formation

KKK
KkK
KkK all the capitol K's are the highlighted knight models. do the knights who are in the 2nd and third ranks (and so on and so on) horses get to fight as well? (it seems like they obviously can but on a roll of d6 sadly it was ruled that I was not allowed)
I don't have my Brett book handy right now, but I would say the horses can attack, cavalry being treated as one model.

2. My paladin had the sword of hero's and was fighting a giant (quite successfully for that matter) he had dealt 3 woulds to it and the giant had rolled pick up and... and it says that I get to make an attack but it does not disclose if it has to be a mundane or if you can use a magical weapon. so would I get to use my so and in doing so causeing d3 more wounds?
Why was this not ruled as the case? If a guy with a magic sword is about to be eaten by a Giant, surely he'd fight back with his magic sword, rather than sitting back and letting his horse do the work...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
essentially it was ruled that the giant went to grab him so he decided to put away his sword that makes him stronger and pulled out a short sword in wich case he couldnt do sufficent hard and was terminated

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
maybe the judge was nervous -.- ive seen starting judges make some really illogical decisions

the army book says: (41) on the turn they charge, "every knight model in the flanks is allowed to fight". horses are part of the model, since:

"a cavalry model is treated as a single model in all respects." They fight together they die together Perhaps this judge never made it to page 7 of the rulebook
>.<

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well when we play we have the 2 players and usually 1 person who is like the "referee" who sets up the board and watches for cheating etc. and if a rule is contested and neither side can reach an agreement and we cant immediately come to a decision a d6 is rolled evens one party wins odds the other. this saves a game from taking an extra half an hour just from arguing hahaha.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Since the first question has been answered I'll answer the 2nd one.

Bretts are a special case because they can take a magical weapon and also a Lance and are not required to always use their magical weapon (i.e you may want to use the lance on the charge). Simple answer is yes you would attack with your magical weapon if you wanted too (and with the D3 wound sword I dont see why you wouldnt against a giant).

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
hum...

although i somewhat agree with what your saying, 'attack with the magic weapon if you wanted to" would be wrong. a character with a magic weapon has to use it over any mundane weapons. the bretonnian lance on the charge is the only exception, but only because brets have to use a lance over any magic weapons. if the giant would make an exception to this, it would have to be written in its rules.

there is no choice

1. use a lance on charge of you have one
2. use a magic weapon if you use no lance
3. use choose to use something else if you have neither

sorry for derailing here :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so to sum that up, when the giant attempts to pick you up, and it calls for you to make a single attack. that attack is with the magic weapon correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.