Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble using/building my army. I've got plenty of models, but I'm not sure the best ways to use them. My main concern is my troops selection. I've been playing mainly 1250 games to see how my guys work, andI feel like my shooty tactical squads are being wasted.

I've got 2 main cc squads with pf and meltas. The other two are 6 man squads with bolters/pg/LC or ML. Thing is that they hardly get into the action during the game because they are stationary for the most part. Whether it's the typical killem all mission or take and hold, I just can't seem to figure out how to use them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't use marines for fire support. A 6 man squad with a lascannon is almost as much as a vindicator assualt tank. My main army is BT's. I used to use a Plasma Cannon "fire support" squad but I have found the Vindicator and the Predator Annihilator to be better choices. They draw fire and have good AV. My tactical squad get to CC easier(since they are rhinoing it....wow is that a word?). Ever seen a demolisher cannon blow threw a squad of Khorne berserkers. It's great.

If you are just starting out, I'd start with DP assault not foot slogging with fire support. I have tons of rhinos so I still drive but If you have not invested in them yet, model some DP's and put everyone onboard. Melta and PF in eash squad. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts