Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
why would you want to give him terminator?
Daemon armour is just as good and it is cheaper but you don't get the invunrable save, but you can give daemon aura to rectify this ( these also counts towards his daemon points cost if you are strugling )
i had one and it had :

- lord 60 points
- Daemon armour 20 points
- daemonic aura 15 points
- daemonic stature 15 points
- daemonic flight 20 points
- daemonic strength 10 points
- daemonic essence 15 points
- mark of chaos undivided 5 points
- power weapon 15 points
- master crafted 15 points

and all of this came to 190 points with 95 points of daemonic abilitys and 35 points of wargear this all made him realy good against every one i played against

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hehe, terminator would be a much better bargain, you get Daemonic Armour, Aura and Mutation combined so you'd save points. Unfortunately the Daemonic Stature doesn't have * next to it's name so you can't combine it with Terminator armour.

these also counts towards his daemon points cost if you are strugling
Euh, that is actually a disadvantage, as it limits the amount of pts you can spend on the juicier Daemonic Abilities.

·
Registered
122 Posts
not if you are trying to bulk out your point cost so that he can be a daemon prince
and some of the more jucy parts of chaos have higher point costs because they are so good
thats how i see it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a also demonic arua=15 demonic mutation =15 demonic armor=20
15+15+20= 50 Term armor = 25 and is the same exact deal. You get the same damn thing for half the price. You have no clue what you are talking about
Also why would you give him mark of undivided when he could be twice as good with a different mark (hint knorne +1A and fearless) Why reroll leadership tests when you dont have to take them?

Also why spend 30pts on a weapon when you could have a demon weapon for 25pts or dare i say upgrade it to something like to manreaper or the berserker glaive.
Also why the hell would you care if he was a demon prince or not? You can still make him one even if he has term armor.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, let's see.. :unsure: I'd rather have my lord count as a monstrous creature, and have the 2+/5+i save, than just have him as another pesky termie with a few more beefed up stats. 2d6 for armor penetration and ignore armor saves is killer.

My DP is fitted out like so:

Lord 60 pts
Demonic Stature 15
Demon Armor 20
Demon Aura 15
Demon Essence 15
Demon Fire 5
Demon Visage 5
Dark Blade 25
Mark of U.D. 5
Spiky bits 10

·
Registered
340 Posts
On the subject of Daemons, the kai gun is badass! I want to put my Tau army slightly on hold just to finish off my chaos army. Daemon prince with kai gun and axe of khorne would be some sexy hell-spawn. :D

Yup, my thoughts are world eater. Can they have obliterators? I can't remember.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to put a damper on anyone (I run 2 different Lords) but you must rememeber if you give him daemonic stature he can be singled out for some heavt duty fire from your opponent. And trust me he will.
I sometimes run my lord with out the stature so he can blend.
Contrary to what some people think,if you take enough points to make him effective you do not have to take damon stature.
G

·
1,019 Posts
But remember those all important mastery tests for daemon weapons. Few unlucky dice and the bound daemon jumps into your brain and evokes all kinds of nastiness.

Lee 101
Maybe im just being a newbie but why did you give your lord a mastercrafted power weapon when he ignores armor saves anyway?

On the subject of Term. armor vs. chaos gifts. It think it depends on your style of playing. Chaos gifts are good since you can mix and match to create truly frightening characters. And Term. armor is better when facing Daemonhunters for instance (lowers daemon points on your lord making him less succeptable to those Anti-daemon thingies they have).
But personally i'd like daemon armor and aura rather than Term. armor (so much more cooler :lol: )

·
Registered
122 Posts
sure but i get atacked by land-speeders, rhynos and razorbacks, and they all assault my lord, so i like to have him defend himself, by ripping the appart, and this is much easier with daemonic stature because of the 2D6 armour penitration

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.