Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently got a box of terminators for my chaos army since I have played without them ever since I started playing Chaos. I started assembling mine and I was wondering if it was worth it to make the 30 pt Chaos terminators with power fists and make them the same cost as Space Marine Terminators.

Basically my question was if is it worth it for power fists with terminators? and I heard the reaper autocannon was way overpriced, but I like using it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Probably not, at least in my opinion. I always run my terminator squad with a single chainfist, just in case of those nasty monstrous creatures or vehicles. The rest I leave with power weapons, to keep them cheap and take advantage of initiative.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also only tend to run a single chainfist in my termi squads. Power weapons with a cheap icon of slaanesh tend to work quite well.

I also like using the reaper autocannon :p, but i don't run my terminators as throw away plasma units.

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Basically my question was if is it worth it for power fists with terminators?
In my opinion, no. Keep the powerweapon to keep the initiative. The powerfist is useful for busting tanks, but then so are a couple of mulit-meltas. (and cheaper)

I suggest adding a single Terminator to your squad, equipped with a Heavy Flamer and a Chainfist. The Heavy flamer is a very powerful, and the chainfist goes through vehicles like butter. Good combination!

and I heard the reaper autocannon was way overpriced, but I like using it.
The reaper is a fine choice if you; like it, don't mind it's cost, and are getting good results from it. Keep it in your army. They are cool.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

IMO definatley keep the power swords, mainly to make em cheaper points wise, like other people I think it would be best to put a single fist in there for walkers. Weather you put a reaper in or not depends on what you want to do with them, if you walk 'em across the battlefeild then go with the reaper, if you plan to deep stirke and unleash plasma death then go without it, hope it helps. (I like using mine as a deepstrike unit with CPG)

Gilli

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Id say use one powerfist per full 3 terminators. Powerfists should be on heavy weapons or champion models to allow yourself some more wound bags around the more expesnive models.

Many people use Combi plamsa guns and heavy flamers on there terminators, this is a good anti heavy infantry unit, DSing in to demolish a squad in one swoop.

Dan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does anyone give their termies lighting claws?

If you do where do you get them!?

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Another option for lightning claws is to buy one box of chaos terminators, and one of space marine combat terminators. Gives your models a bit more of a unique look if you combine them, and gives you 5 lightning claw sets per 10 terminators.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.