Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.... i read in a book somewhere and it said terminators can shoot heavy weapons while moving in the same turn?? Also, What makes the chapters soo different and so popular to use? i have seen many upon many ppl play BT, one Dark Angels, and nothing else. i have never seen a Ultra Marines, which are supposed to be the most popular chapter. I am using UM currently but i wanna know y use black templar?? or anything else??

EDIT-- Are Attack bikes and regular bikes worth having?

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's right, Terminators can move and shoot, don't remember exactly where the rule is, but most likely it's with the rules for Terminator armor.

Playing a different chapter is fun because some of the chapters have special rules which make them different armies in their own effect. Ultramarines are plain, but some people play them just because a lot of the other ones get called cheesy on occasion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i find attack bikes and bikes worth having, but my Ravenwing are better than standard bikes. I use them to give a bit of support to my assault marines and race in for a few extra attacks in combat.

if you go for a more shooty army, then no, bikes are not really any use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shooty as in stand back and fire away.. like lascannons and plasma cannons and the such alrighty then. thx for the help. what special rules do BT get? and what special abilities do space wolves get?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black Templars are a close combat army and have lots of special rules to help them in close combat and they have vows (can't tell you what they do 'cause its copyright) and Bikes are well worth having in any close combat army! They rock so do Attack Bikes.
The Black Templar rules and army list entry are in codex:armageddon

·
Registered
199 Posts
BT, BA and Space wolves have close combat advantages over other chapters- this means that one on one, the above will have the advantage in close combat.
However, this is typically at the expense of some shootiness (e.g. lack of devestators, unpredictability)

DA and Salamanders are considered the two shootiest space marine chapters as their rules emphasise shooting (e.g. more guns of one sort in a squad). However, i have certainly heard of ppl with the above 2 chapters basing their armies around close combat

Ultramarines/other chapters are the classic "versatile" army- they can do practically ANYTHING, assault, shoot and combinations

In the end, it boils down to your personal taste as to which of the above u take (i love assaults!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks everyone. i really needed that help. but now this means that i have to change my chapter again.... it went from Aurora chapter to ultramarnies and now to something that focuses on being shooty. so u say to go with Salamanders was it? or DA? well, all i need to know does codex:armageddon have all the Chapter rules? all i need to know is that :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
dark angels have also 2 special armies.

the deathwing comprised of only TERMINATORS!!!.

pricy army, but could be interesting..

The RavenWing, comprised of only space marines on vehicles such as bikes , land speeders.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i play salamanders. i use them as an assualt oriented army that shotts ont he move...LOTS of flamers and heavy flamers. then kill wats left in assult with the thunder hammers!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
ehh, shooty armies can be fun, but there is nothing better than an old school hand to hand combat army. and, personally, i think blood angels have to be the best for that, though there are some who disagree. yes shooting has its advantages, but also its disadvantages. with a very shooty army you cant move and shoot alot, while a close combat army can move like hell. and its fun to play an army of blood thirsty blood drinking psychopaths.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ultramarines are very common. Oh, and Deathwing? I kick their butts in a two thousand pt battle with only five termies of my own. Devastator Squad, death from afar....Bwuhahahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.