·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can terminators charge??

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What do you mean by "charge"? An assault move to attack or a sweepng advance after breaking the enemy squad in the assault phase?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they can only advance, not consolidate??? i ment get the extra 1 attack foir charging. Someone while i was playing a game between 3 armies said they couldnt get the extra attack, i played along and said id find out.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
under 3rd ed. rules
They can make an assaut move just like any other unit, and they DO receive +1A for the assault. The only move restriction is that they cannot make a sweeping advance after breaking an enemy unit. However, that has no effect on their attacks. They may consolodate after winning an assault.

4th ed rules handle the "sweeping advance" differently.
They still charge and get +1A in 4th ed. They also have a bonus of not loosing the +1A if they fire before assaulting.

If your friend still thinks they don't get the bonus attack in a charge, have him show you exactly where he got that rule. That will stop any further arguement.

·
Registered
144 Posts
no unit loseses the +1 bonus for charging if they fire first. However you cant rapid fire or fire a heavy weapon and then charge.

To sum up
They get +1A on charge.
They cant sweeping advance and must consolidate.
Can fire two shots each and charge as they have assault weapons.
Terminators cannot charge if they have fired an assault cannon or cyclone missle launcher.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
GM Emazrael is correct about 3rd ed rules, but as I pointed out, 4th ed rules are different (technically they are the trail assault rules, but everyone's been calling them 4th ed).

The reference can be found in CA:2003, pg51, "..units which fired in the shooting phase do not receive the charge bonus." There are excepted units listed in the rules, also on pg 51. Although I don't think the rules are better or worse than 3rd ed, they are different, and many groups/tournaments are using them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah i hear that tournements are using them but if you want to use them in a game that is just a friendly then you have to agree with your opponent(s) to see wether you are going to use them or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.