Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to play a nurgle army at Adepticon this year, and I have a question about the Terminus Est. In the special rules section for this ship it says this,

"Flagship. The Terminus Est, if chosen, must be your fleet's flagship, and must have the fleet's warmaster placed aboard it. this rule is ignored if the Planet Killer is also present."

That seems simple enough, but in the Plague Fleet of Nurgle fleet rules it says,

Fleet Commander
0-1 Chaos Warmaster
Chaos warmasters get one re-roll. The warmaster may be given an extra re-roll at a cost of +25 points. In addition the warmaster has the Mark of Nurgle.

That also seem simple enough. Now here is my problem. The Terminus Est already has the Mark of Nurgle, and the Chaos Warmaster comes with it. Both of which have this mark included in the points cost. So let me throw the questions at you:

1) Does the effect double stack? I know it say in the main rule book that the marks for a commander don't stack, but in this case one is for the commander and one is on the ship. This would now give the Terminus Est 14 wounds. 12 normally, +1 for the Ship mark, and +1 for the commander mark.

2) Do I even have to have a warmaster? In the unit description it says 0-1.

3) If I need a commander can I use a chaos lord, or does it have to be a warmaster?

Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
1. If the rules say that marks do not stack, than you will not be able to benefit from two of the same marks for the same ship. The fact that if you took the Terminus Est with that warmaster just means that your stuck paying for a second mark you cannot use. (At least thats how I remember it being.)

Best thing you can do is ask the people running whatever event you play at whether or not the two marks can be used or if you are stuck only benefiting from one.

2. The unit description for warmaster says 0-1 but the Terminus Est says that it must have a warmaster as one of its requirements to be fielded. So if you were not including the Terminus, then you would not have to include a warmaster.

3. Again, the Terminus requires a warmaster to be in it, so you need a warmaster no matter what if you plan on fielding that ship.

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
One way of looking at it is that the Terminus Est is underpriced by a mark of nurgle. So when you "buy" two, and you can only use one, you are in effect only buying one for the price of one.

But this is speculation, as I know nothing about BFG short of it involves space ships and torpedoes and stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what i could see, the Plaguefleet list is the 13th Black Crusade list, with enforced Marks of Nurgle on everything, so i decided just to use that (I am doing a Nurgle fleet also).

You must be able to take the Terminus Est on other chaos lists (you can take the Planet Killer, for example...) - I know it only appears on the Plague Fleet list, but forcing you to pay 35 points for a Mark and then forcing you to put the Mark on a ship that already has it seems a bit unfair to me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts