Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
Drop Pod

Dreadnaught (150)
Assault Cannon
Heavy Flamer
Extra Armor
Drop Pod

I currently play a lot of Chaos ... I have competitive Alpha Legion and Slaanesh lists, but they are predictable and generic. I field the same Slaanesh uber-bike squad and the same Alpha legion powerfist + 2 assault weapon infiltrators that everyone else does.

My Iron Warriors list is diff ... it actually relies on units I don't see 24-7 (vindicator/basilisk/defiler combination).

Anyway, I really enjoyed painting those larger models, and I want to try some more. The 6-dreadnaught list seemed like a good way to go. It also feels very competitive to me. Playtesting to follow.

Sabre

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seems like a fun list to paint and I LOVE Terminators but you have way too little models. The Assault Cannons will work wonders but against Tyranids you would be out-numbered 4:1. Even the hardiest Dreadnought can be destroyed by a group of Genestealers (trust me). They can destroy Carnifexes easily and my Terminator Squad with Master took out a Carnifex and a Brood of Genestealers but the Master fell to the last one in the end. You would be out-numbered even worse against IG and Necrons you should have a fair chance with (remember the "We'll Be Back" rule). Orks would run you over in a green tide.

All you need to do is find a way to add more models..............

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
glad to see another 6 dread player out there. Although i have recorded very few of my battles (as the sig shows) I havnt lost yet with my 6 dreadnought army.

If you have any questions/ or comments on the 6 dread army style, feel free to IM me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's keep it on the thread so everyone can see ... which six dreads, how many other models do you field, and do you have any batreps?

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
o well, jees, sorry.

In 2k pt games i use a termie chaplain, 8-10 termies, at least 2 full tac squads w/ bolt pistol/ccw and 6 dreadmoughts. All the dreadnoughts and troops have drop pods.

i use heed the wisdom of the ancients, take the fight to them, eye to eye, we stand alone.

Oh and btw, your dread cant have a plasma cannon unless you are dark angels.

As for batreps, the only one i have with my space marines was "slugfest" against necrons
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54120

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, man, and don't take the "keep it in the thread" thing the wrong way ... I have a really busy schedule 'cause of my job, so I try to stay off the 'net and away from instant message as much as possible. This board lets me have a convo whenever I get five free minutes.

'ppreciate it

Sabre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts