Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terps

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Gobblesnarf 
#1 ·
Right, my dread is in a glass of terps, so now what?
Do I have to strip of the paint myself? If so how can I do this?

And how long does it need to stay in terps for?

Ta

#2 ·
I had a CSM in terps for like a week lol, but I think after one day the paint is loosened enough. It doesn't come off by itself though, if you have a steelbrush that's brilliant, it gets the paint off real easily. Oh and don't keep the terps on your bedroom. I did, and it was the first thing I'd smell if I'd enter my room. And I have the feeling that inhaling that stuff for a week isn't all that healthy :unsure: ...

#11 ·
The metal minis can be left in just about anything for as long as you want with no problems. The plastics are the problem. Nail poish remover (acetone) will melt them so you have to be careful if you use it. I prefer brake fluid. It works overnight (with a little brushing the next day) as long as you don't overload the container with many minis and little fluid. You can leave plastic in as long as you like without problems. It also loosens greenstuff and superglue, which for me is a bonus. The only drawbacks are; it will draw all the moisture out of your skin if you dip you hands in too often, but I never use gloves and have no problems, it smells funky, and you have to take it to a recycle center or garage to dispose since it is a petroleum product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.