Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yer well its pretty much explains what the problem is. I have no inspiration, no materials and no patience.

Okay so i have the board, but im not sure what to do. I dunno weather to go with a cardboard cut out scenery building style, looks kinda "meh" but really is simple. I dont wanna go out and buy all these new foam board materials and stuff...but i think im going to have to. I supose what i really want is the inspiration, and ideas.

Does anyone know of any websites, with a huge gallery of different boards that i could just look at in hope for something to strike me. I really wanted a cityfight looking board, but then saw how much effort it will take. I also was thinking of a desert outpost style board, but still am undecided. Any help i could get would be FAN-TASTIC!

Thankyou in advance
...SquishyB

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
I got loads of desert inspiration from playing StarCraft. The desert world ideas in that are excellent.

·
907 Posts
this might be what you are looking for

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/

but personally i have gone for enough scenery to cover a board in 40k in the following categories and you can mix and match them

trees

hills

ruins

city buildings

for variety you build army specific scenery, eg SM Eldar Chaos

and you build generic centerpieces bunkers, temples, etc

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The Black Goblin usually has a good terrain article in every issue, the latest if which is a ruined black templars keep. Pretty awesome, if you ask me, but it can be a bit impractical for the casual gamer. ;) Even so the techniques can be adapted to other pieces. Also, if you do an article search for the word "terrain" you'll get lots of other well-written articles, IMO.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW, that artical loooks amazing, with easy to follow steps aswell, a great resource. I keep for getting about Black Gobbo :|

That terragenesis site i have been to before, and is really really gud. Thanks for all your help guys, i think that little flame has been rekindled inside me :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts