Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Similar to the Conversion of the day and Painting thread of the same name, this thread will be exploring scenery options and reference shots for all you hopefuls out there wishing to either get into making your own terrain, or if you just like the way it looks - then this is for you!

I say weekly because I'm current inundated with projects of my own like da mek shop, as well as playing games vs myself (yes I'm a loser) and I normally find it challenging to find terrain for myself as reference.

I will be posting as often as I can and trying to put credit where credit is due.

P.S. I'm open to suggestion, so if you have a good idea or can't wait, then just post it yourself.

P.S. I will be downgrading the quality of the photos a smidgen, it reduces the size by about 4/5ths and you wouldn't even notice the difference.
All that being said lets look at some terrain!

Terrain of the week : wastelands

Note: I'm a huge fan of the fallout games and when I saw this board months and months ago I fell in love, I'd love to make one myself but I don't have the time :(

TerraGenesis: View Topic - Modular Fallout Terrain

The wasteland scenery sets - Page 2 - WarSeer

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/teh_used/Nerdhammer/Terrain/modul33.jpg

And this building, I think a company made it cos from what I remember the site had a lot of pictures of just this - Sorry I don't have a link

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/teh_used/Nerdhammer/Terrain/Picture025.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/teh_used/Nerdhammer/Terrain/Picture027.jpg

And some photos I took of a section of warehouses being destroyed (I think)

A couple more wasteland type pictures, mainly for another Fallout themed piece.

TerraGenesis: View Topic - Sci - Fi terrain updated: New Building Added

http://www.netterrain.de/images2/cityfight/cityfight_godzilla_01.jpg

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Good thread, omgD. ~T or somebody will be along to 'sticky' it for you.

I really like the layout of the first terrain setting. It has lots of different elements blended well together. My chaos legion would love to conquer it :0. The second one here is just well done, good attention to the small details, very realistic. The last one makes me wish I was a hamster (rather than a clumsy rabbit), so that I could crawl up in it and see what was going on. It's a little tall for my wargaming tastes, but at the same time, it's very usable, what, with the lower section blown apart for easy access for jump troops and what naught.

Great thread. Let's keep it alive.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Just thought I'd share the link that miasma posted in one of my threads about mordheim.
It would have to be the best table I have seen in such a long time and the amount of detail is just staggering.
Mortheim

Reactions: Rabbit

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Just thought I'd share the link that miasma posted in one of my threads about mordheim.
It would have to be the best table I have seen in such a long time and the amount of detail is just staggering.
Mortheim
Wow, that is just...unbelievable. However, it's best for us to go ahead and set the precedence for posting terrain images that only correspond to the weekly theme. In this case, wastelands ;Y.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Wow, that is just...unbelievable. However, it's best for us to go ahead and set the precedence for posting terrain images that only correspond to the weekly theme. In this case, wastelands ;Y.
True, but now you have a link for when the topic reaches city terrain.

Hmm, although it could be argued that it is an 'urban wasteland' - ha, just kidding. Couldn't help it.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Mortheim
Ummm.....All I can say is speechless that is a lot of work and paint put into that thing.

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
Mortheim
My god.

·
217 Posts
Incredible, that Mordheim board. I rather like the fallout board too: quite creepy.

Could I suggest really OTT and wacky Empire terrain? The bizarre, Gormenghast-type stuff they did for the current book. That sort of thing.

This is a very good idea for a thread.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Incredible, that Mordheim board. I rather like the fallout board too: quite creepy.

Could I suggest really OTT and wacky Empire terrain? The bizarre, Gormenghast-type stuff they did for the current book. That sort of thing.

This is a very good idea for a thread.
I'm sorry I don't know what OTT means? Is it over the top? cos thats my best guess and I just thought of it?
and by gormenghast you mean like that freaky guy that did concepts for alien? just trying to understand the request first :)

·
145 Posts
I believe that OTT is indeed Over the Top.

H.R. Geiger was the designer of the alien. Gormenghast is a book that was made into a BBC drama.
srsly... you have google at your fingertips. I don't know is no excuse anymore ;)

I am such a fan of fallout and this board does everything for me. I am also really fond of the Caltex service station. Simple, but so effective.

·
217 Posts
Sorry. OTT is over the top: I was thinking of the elaborate, gothic-but-not-rotting terrain in the current Empire book, like on the GW site. I just really like the look.

The thing I really like about the Mordheim board is how intricate and uneven it all is: it doesn't seem to be at one level. you don't get the feeling that it's just buildings stuck to a board.

(Sorry: Gormenghast is a book about a huge castle, built by a mad family and probably an influence on some of Warhammer. It's described as full of strange, elaborate architecture. The TV show didn't really do it justice.)

Anyhow, back on topic: now you've mentioned it, some H R Giger 40k terrain would be rather nice!

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Rabbit said:
~T or somebody will be along to 'sticky' it for you...
I rather like that curly thing.

Ahem.

Yes, so anyway, consider yourself sticky.

Next time I have some time off, I shall try and get some stuff posted.

Best of luck with it mate!

-t.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks T! having a little trouble finding anything ghorstmast or whatever it was... but I found some HR giger reference pictures... I don't think there is a lot of game boards out there inspired by his work, but it would an excellent sort of eye of terror look.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.