Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I will be busy painting terrain for a while, and decided to also make a WIP progress log as I did with my Dark Elves.

The idea is to first buy and paint the individual terrain pieces, so that I can get an idea what each set contains, and then to start combining terrain. Also, keeping the build-booklet that comes with each one also helps to scout later what combos to create.

Well, first up is the ruined tower - I added the statues that comes with the chapel set to the tower:

After some painting it looks like this, just need to finish painting all the small details and then glue the wooden planks.

Will also start with construction on the chapel terrain piece this coming week.

Cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, I got some new terrain, so I decided to paint it with the chapel. Progress has been slow, but getting there. For the ruins, I am busy painting the copper/brass, toghether with the chapel. After that, I want to add some grass to the ruins - green and brown. Chapel is going to take a bit longer to complete.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Games played on a good board with good terrain make them so much better.
Sure beats fighting over encyclopedia mountain :p
Just a quick question about the desert ruins there, why have you painted the edges of the grey steps yellow (desert yellow)?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure beats fighting over encyclopedia mountain :p
Just a quick question about the desert ruins there, why have you painted the edges of the grey steps yellow (desert yellow)?
Just wanted to experiment with the colour, the ruins is not suppose to be in a dessert, but never the less, I like how it turned out. :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey buddha, nice solid work on the terrain :)

I was wondering, do you use an airbrush or something like that to paint, of do you paint everything by hand?
And do you only use GW terrain, or can we expect some custom made terrain soon?:)

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey buddha, nice solid work on the terrain :)

I was wondering, do you use an airbrush or something like that to paint, of do you paint everything by hand?
And do you only use GW terrain, or can we expect some custom made terrain soon?:)

Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

Nope, no airbrush, just plain jane paintbrushes.

Few years ago I did some custom terrain, when there was no GW terrain, but these days I just don't have the time or the effort to do custom terrain. What I want to do at a later stage is start combining GW terrain pieces together, with maybe here and there custom stuff added. But that's still awhile off. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts