Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble making the fluff for my Space Marine chapter Terra's Halo. Can anybody give my some help?

·
1,065 Posts
alright, why don't you start by typing some general ideas or things you want your chapter to be about, and then we can move from there.

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
What kind of help do you need?
do you have any ideas so far?
such as their homeworld, battle tactic, battle honours?

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far what I have is the're White Marines with gold trim and detail. I plan to give some commanders wings. I do want them to be loyal if not accepted by the imperium.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wings is a little questionable, because it is a fairly large mutation, but Sanguinus had wings. The story is up to you. If you don't want them accepted, then you might want to read up on the soul drinkers, but if they are accepted, you could find reasons that the wings have saved them or something. But anyways, ask yourself questions like:

From which chapter did this chaper branch off of?

What were the reasons for this split, was it good or bad?

Who was the original chapter master?

Why do they have wings? Was it a mutation, or did they cultivate the gene seed? (like some think the black dragons do)

Why did they choose the colors they did? Was it influenced by someone or some event, or maybe some beleif?

When was the chapter created?
(Is it a cursed founding chapter, or did it come later, or is it brand new, ect...)

I hope I helped a bit, and I didn't just bore you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
- What geneseed are they?
Sanguanise/Blood Angels, Forgotten, or Ultramarine. Probably Ultramarine.

- What founding were they?
22 Founding

- What is their chapter symbol/colour scheme?
Chaper symbol is a sword with two wings with a iorn halo over it. Their colors are white with gold trim and detail.

- What is their Homeworld like, and what is the culture of the homeworld? (ie is it a Hive World, a Feral World, a Death World etc)
Large grasslands and some semi-thick forests, a paradice in every sense of the word.

- Where in the Imperium are they based? (It may help define the kind of enemies they face most often.)
No idea I typicly fight Nids and Chaos so where would be the best place?

- What is their Combat Doctrine like? (do they prefer Close Combat or ranged fighting?)
Prefer to fight at a distance while there close-combat veterans bring the fight to the enemy.

- What is their Organisation like (do they follow the Codex or are they a bit different?)
They follow the Codex when it suits them but, are willing to bend a few rules to get the job done.

- What is their Belief System?
I have no idea what to put here

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Belief System of a Space Marine Chapter means how they worship the Emperor and their Primarch (if he is known). Many Space Marine Chapters see the Emperor as the mightiest man who has ever lived, but just a man, not a god. Others venerate him as a divine being. And anything in between.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
- What geneseed are they?
Sanguanise/Blood Angels, Forgotten, or Ultramarine. Probably Ultramarine.
Ultra's a good choice, particularly because their geneseed should be common. With Sanguinius' seed, you run into troubles with the Blood Rage, of course. It's also OK for it to be forgotten. Whichever you choose, remember that it's a pretty key part of their Chapter, and can define a lot of their characteristics. Though definitely not all.

- What is their chapter symbol/colour scheme?
Chaper symbol is a sword with two wings with a iorn halo over it. Their colors are white with gold trim and detail.
Cool. Sounds very knightlike and 'we're the shiny warriors of your death, alien scum.' What type of sword is it, if any particular?

- What is their Homeworld like, and what is the culture of the homeworld? (ie is it a Hive World, a Feral World, a Death World etc)
Large grasslands and some semi-thick forests, a paradice in every sense of the word.
What are the people like?

- Where in the Imperium are they based? (It may help define the kind of enemies they face most often.)
No idea I typicly fight Nids and Chaos so where would be the best place?
Probably somewhere near the Eastern Rim, but also close enough to the Maelstrom to warrant many Chaotic intrusions.

- What is their Combat Doctrine like? (do they prefer Close Combat or ranged fighting?)
Prefer to fight at a distance while there close-combat veterans bring the fight to the enemy.
Good and balanced, I suppose. Do they have any particular styles of fighting that might mark them out? What do you usually do for a list, in other words?

- What is their Organisation like (do they follow the Codex or are they a bit different?)
They follow the Codex when it suits them but, are willing to bend a few rules to get the job done.
Sounds like a practical interpretation. Reasonable.

- What is their Belief System?
I have no idea what to put here
Kelnor brings up good stuff here.

Finally, as with any Chapter, it's boring if they don't have quirks, personalities, famous endeavors, legends, renowned members, (dare I say) flaws... conflicts especially. If you want to write fluff, there's gotta be conflict to make it interesting. It could be battles with a particularly tough or insidious enemy, ideological conflicts from within or without (perhaps with the Imperium), tensions with other organizations, etc.

Anything that will draw them down the path of Chao... er I mean spice up the story. ;Y

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I probably going to run Blood Angels should I paint them Blood Angels or Paint them Terra's Halo?

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can paint them however you want. Just let your opponents know that it is a blood angels successor chapter, so they don't get confused when you spring something like a furioso dreadnought on them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why would a "paradise" world produce the sorts of warriors that space marines would recruit? Most of the chapters tend to recruit from deathworlds, or at the very least, worlds that shape the children into the sorts of people that adopt the Marine way easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.