Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Dwarfs and I have proxied armies and gotten a few games under my belt so I have a pretty good grasp on the book. People at my local store play Fantasy games at 2,000 points. I have noticed that If I opt for a Lord as my general I end up cutting way too deep into my regiment sizes. So I have been running a Thane with shield, 3 Runes of Iron, and Rune of the Furnace in a unit of Hammerers. The idea is that the Thane gives the Hammerers LD 10 and tanks anyone in combat. At this level a 3 wound, toughness 6, armor save 3+, regen 5+, 5++/6++ parry, and 2++ vs fire (just in case anyone tries to get tricky) can hold his own in a fight. The Hammerers are the ones dealing all the damage anyway.

My question is. Does anyone run a Thane as their General at 2,000 and what build do you go for?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well let me rephrase my question. In general what builds do people run on thanes. I go with 3 runes of iron and rune of the furnace. If he's in a unit of ironbreakers I give him a great weapon so that unit has some high strength attacks. I give him a shield if he's with hammerers because they have all the high strength attacks they need.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Master Rune of Gromril, 3x rune of warding. Great weapon. Cheap, tanky and hitty. Stick him in a unit of hammerers, support with sheildbeards and add ranged support and runesmith.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I've been currently playing around with my BSB thane build, the favorite I found so far was 2x Ro Iron and a Mro gromril. Though with 3 wounds he is pretty good at sitting in a challenge round after round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts