Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to finishing and priming the Looted Ork Tank I've been working on. As you can see it is a Leman Russ with a few changes made to make it a bit more Orky. Now I just need to paint it.

As always any comments or suggestions are welcome.

(Sorry for all of the pictures, I wanted to try to capture all of the Orky goodness)

Grot with sword guards rear entry. Suspended bridge to the Crow's Nest is on the right (then there is a ladder up to the porthole which can't be seen in this picture)

Grot with Shoota (plays as a Big Shoota)

Ork looking for targets to blast

Ork in Crow's nest with Kustom Big Shoota

Top of Crow's nest view. Porthole is open for quick escape

Ork with spear hanging on for his life

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
Great stuff!

Looks about as Orky as it could be to me!

Loads of little details I love!

Looking forward to seeing it with a bit of paint on it!

Paul :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks great, love the crow's nest (only with orks, lol).
My only gripe is that the side with the grot looks a bit threadbare, maybe some plasticard makeshift repairs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I cranked together a looted out of an old griffon chassis, but you sir have inspired me to do another bigger better and more killy.

Nice work

-Z

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
That's absolutely nuts. Hilarious, great work on the looted tank.

I must say my favourite bit is the ork hanging out of the sponson hole with a spear. Ludicrous but very orky. Excellent work mate.

Rich.

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm glad to hear it is Orky enough without going over-the-top.

My only gripe is that the side with the grot looks a bit threadbare, maybe some plasticard makeshift repairs?
I agree that that side does look a little bare compared to the rest of the tank. I couldn't think of anything to put on that side without adding another sponson. I added a little battle damage but I guess I could put a few more additions on it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It wouldn't be so glaring if the rest of the tank wasn't so amazing =P
Yeah as I said, its bound to have substained some huge hits, just a rivited on piece of plasticard or two ought to get it looking busy enough.
---------
I just saw something awesome on a scratchbuild stompa, a grot hanging off the side painting it red (da red unz go fasta).
I'll try to find the link again for you.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Awesome conversion, I really love it. Very excited to see it painted. :) I'd give you 10/10 for the conversion and 11/10 for Orkyness, hehe. :D

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad everyone is liking my orky madness. My next lootin' is going to be an Eldar Falcon with a twist. We'll see how that goes.

Heres the link, a bit tough to see, but the concepts great (imo) and just over the top enough to fit in with the rest of your tank =D (and would do nicely to cover up the left(?) side)
WIP Stompa - Da WAAAGH

Thanks for the link, that's a cool Stompa. I see what you're saying about covering the side with ork planks. I think the big rivets add even MORE orkiness.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Glad to share =D
I await with baited breath for the falcon. I see that going either really well or very poorly (though I have high hopes for you). The biggest issue I see is it seeming unbalanced as a skimmer... it needs to look orkified while still being sleek (well as sleek as the massive amount of rivets allow, lol).

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The biggest issue I see is it seeming unbalanced as a skimmer
Yeah, I thought about that too. I don't think an Ork would be able to get the thing off the ground either... I'm going to have to put on my Ork shoes to see how they would deal with it.

·
Uber Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd like to see that Spear Ork joust with this guy:

LOL. I was actually thinking about this picture when I was working on this. This is the reason I didn't give the Ork on the Boom Gun a close combat weapon.. just didn't make sense.

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
Thats one cool looking looted wagon, well done.
Rep for you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts