Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
By happenstance, one of my most common units is a Daemon Prince, of the three HQ's I find them the most fun, the most reliable and probably one of the most useful. But, I'm not dedicated to them - from a fluff standpoint, I prefer a Lord actually.

From a game standpoint - what I intentionally bring a lot, is terminators. Something akin to the Karmoon special usually. Very useful.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Daemon prince with wings, mark of slaanesh, and lash of submission. A great deal at 155 points, sometimes it can get first turn charge, soaks up plenty of punishment and deals it out at high initiative.:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely my Defiler... That battle cannon has done wonders for me, wiping out entire units of stuff at a time with a well-placed template.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Erm, Chaos Space Marines? Usually in a Rhino, with two Meltas and a Power Fist. Probably an Icon of Glory, too.

Definitely my most common unit. ;)

·
Big fish in a little pond
234 Posts
For me it would have to be, Obliterators + Icons.... I play as if the oblits will never show up, then they do and jeeze I won the game....

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Raptors and a DP seem to make it into every list for me...

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
I play with one list all the time (no money for more units), so the answer is, really, all of my army...

Erm, Chaos Space Marines? Usually in a Rhino, with two Meltas and a Power Fist. Probably an Icon of Glory, too.

Definitely my most common unit. ;)
Definitely mine too. Four of them.

But I also don't leave home without some Slaaneshi Raptors to accompany my winged Lord with claws and some Termies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Stock csm's in large squads with icons of Khorne. I love my tac squads beating off enemy assault squads in close combat.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
My bikes. They're like a band-aid for my strategy; if anything goes wrong, they can probably fix it in two turns flat. I am warming up to Possessed as well--they'll probably play in every game my Land Raider does once it's built.

I have an Aspiring Champion model that has a combi-flamer and no other equipment. He plays in every game because he usually does something...unusual. Last time it was failing an unmodified morale test right when he needed to, denying my opponent a crucial charge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use my 10 man strong basic marine squad with: Melta + Icon of Chaos Glory, Flamer (it cna do wonders sometime) and a Champion with Power Weapon (too cool modell to change för a P. Fist). And they got there themed Rhino tha boost.

And also: My squad of Thousand Sons! Spell and number may change (followers of Change, doh), but thay are always there and have been since my first 500 pts game. They were also my first Chaos unit and the sole reson i started with Chaos in the first place.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Well, as a Thousand Sons player I certainly can't live without my Rubric Marines. Its always been this way, for as far back as I can remember. I guess in any other Chaos army it would be the Marines themselves - I could never settle for two squads of 5.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
10 CSMs with 2 flamers, Aspring champion with power fist and Rhino with pintle mounted combi-bolter.

Eh. No one expects this unit to do much, so they tend to leave it alone in favour of shooting the rest of my army.

So they drive up, jump out, flame and double tap.

Or bolt pistol and charge if its a small unit that they're facing.

Jump back in rhino, rinse and repeat.

Eventually they rack up quite a respectable number of kills.

The pintle mounted combi-bolter is just on to make the rhino look cooler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts