Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looking at the new rules comming out soon, it seems bikers are going to get a 3+ *cover* save for turboboosting instead of an invulnerable save like now.

It seems GW is indirectly putting that debate to bed. So, us Chaos players can argue that 2+ invul for the couple of months we have left, but thats it after that the whole point is moot.

I for one am glad. Seemed way unfair to me.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Well, looking at the new rules comming out soon, it seems bikers are going to get a 3+ *cover* save for turboboosting instead of an invulnerable save like now.
As it should be. The speed of a bike makes it harder to hit, rather than increases the armour. I always thought Turbo-Boost should cause the unit to be Concealed for the remainder of the turn, or something like that. Loopholes in the rules of that sort are totally ridiculous..

Although I do miss Infiltrate + Daemon Speed ;Y

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
You speak the truth. Maybe this also makes people quit using Rubric bikes. That whole concept just reeks of unfluffyness. 1K Sons are not meant for speed and bikes. Maybe a rhino, but not bikes goddamnit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is, if I may, quite a difference between a unit vawering an Icon of Tzeentch and a unit of Thousand Sons. Rubrics can't be bikers.
:drinking:, je je je slow and porposefull my left nut :). AWWWWW imagine 2+ inv. save and ap 3 twin linked bolters ;Y the raw power and unfluffynes

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Yeah, I know the difference between being rubric and throwing an Icon around... but as I only play pure legion lists I often mix in unpure units such as raptors, havocs and bikes into the legion lists, pretending them to be a part of the legion as a whole.
My World Eaters Planetary Slaughter Force for example includes both havocs and raptors with IoK, thus having them as a part of the Legion.
The thought of a World Eaters warband without jump packs and supporting fire is just appalling. Noone would throw themselves out running across nomansland without suppressing fire, not even WE. They are assaulters, not stupid. And the jump packs... it's just another way to get to the enemy instead of using the rhino. I use SM jump packs, differentiating them from the real raptors whom in my view use terror tactics and pick stragglers instead of being through and through assaulters as my WE "raptors" are. My list is in the army lists section for the curious.

With the Thousand Sons it's a little different though, as everyone without psychic powers in the legion became a mindless automaton. Whether such a being can ride a bike is up to question. I personally would say Nay in the matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.