Votes: 10 19.6%
  • necrons

Votes: 2 3.9%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THATS IT I CANT TAKE ANY MORE IMPERIAL GUARD!!!!!
i am so bloody sick of those anoying humans!
they are anoying me so much!
i am sick and tired of paint the same guy over and over and over andover and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and again!

to put it simpley i need a new army!
i need one with many ways of paint the same army! not to many troops, loads of ways to pose them and loads of converting options!
oplease help me find one!

cheers Killa-can!

·
596 Posts
I vote for Grey Knights.

They are great minis with loads of detail and there will be far less to paint due to their relatively high point cost.

Furthermore, you can ally them with your existing IG army until you have enough for a complete list.
This lets you learn how each GK unit should be utilised while remaining competative with your IG army.

Just my $0.02

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
I havent voted, i don't know what you want from a army.
Do you like hordes of troops or loads of tanks or lots of M.C's?
Let us know what your looking for in your next army and we could make a better choice for you. Or failing that just do marines, everyone loves them!

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
I picked chaos marines, and, in particular- Black Legion.
That gives you a tough army, relatively low in number, and all the painting/converting/powergaming your little hear could desire. It's a new book so it's pretty up-to-date with the rules etc. and also has a new line of minis. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmmm, I could take them pesky guardsmen off your hands if you don't want em :sinister:

Besides the guard, erm, anything but Space Marines. There's enough of those :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
if you want to paint different colour schemes and like sweet minis it's gotta be eldar, you could have each unit be a different colour due to aspect colour schemes

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers yall i have come to the desition that i will go with *drum role*....... WITCH HUNTER! AND DEAMON HUNTE! because people were say witch hunters and deamon hunter i have desided with to go with both now to come up with a back ground cheers!:act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well then again chaos and eldar do seem cool to have oh and boomer i got sick of the damn guard cause of thier numbers and tanks!
and no dr.dooomy mine! *slaps dooomies hand as he reaches for the IG*

·
Registered
278 Posts
Personally I'd say Chaos. Of all armies I find that Chaos and Nids have the most conversion possibilities, but since you mentioned low mini count, then Chaos (I play nids and painting so many gaunts can be a very disheartening task!)

·
Hero of War
1,348 Posts
I vote Chaos or Witch Hunters. Witch Hunters will give you a new army, but the opportunity to use the Guard you already have. Chaos are good as there are numberous options in terms of painting, and there aren't quite so many models to paint!

I know what you mean though, I have about 120 guard to paint, as well as a load of vehicles, going to be a hard slog!

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I voted DH- low model count, and what models there are are nice and intricate, a real challenge (but satisfying) to paint- there is also a nice variety in the army list and real conversion potential.

If i had a second vote I would have gone for Chaos Demons, as they are pretty unusual and if you wanted to you could justifiably let your imagination run riot with the conversions etc.

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
well then again chaos and eldar do seem cool to have oh and boomer i got sick of the damn guard cause of thier numbers and tanks!
and no dr.dooomy mine! *slaps dooomies hand as he reaches for the IG*
Sounds to me young sir that you need a case of Nidzilla stat!
No tanks, very low numbers, easy to paint, don’t even cost that much
if you use eBay or a online retailer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kroot Mercenaries! We need more people!

Out of the choices, though, I'd say either orks or tau. If you picked IG first, it's probably because you liked ranged fighting and tanks, and Tau certainly excel in those areas. If you want to do a different approach, you can go orks, although you might hate painting them as much (or more) as the guard.

Just, dear gods, don't pick Space Marines (there's enough of them) or necrons (You think painting guard is monotonous? Necrons all look the same.)

Just my two cents

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eldar have a wide variety of color schemes within the army for each different aspect.

Orks are the kings of kunvershuns.
I agree with Eldar. Some of the minis are awesome too, the Howling Banshees, the Striking Scorpions and the (useless in game) Swooping Hawks are all great to paint. I think the HB are my favourite 40k minis, I just love them!

Chaos would be a good shout too, because, as already stated above, the low model count, but also because they are a change of pace frpm the Guard in terms of playing style. You could make a more CC-oriented army with either Chaos or Eldar I guess.

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
if your looking for variety I'd go for eldar(I know they aint on the list) because when you think about it basicly every unit is different.

I'm just not sure if you'd be able to paint them to A high enough standard because for eldar it more often than not turns out really good or really bad.

EDIT:if tyranids turns out the best option I've got most of the battle for macragge one's that maybe I could sell/trade with you, or if it turns out orks we could try going half half on black reach again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if your looking for variety I'd go for eldar(I know they aint on the list) because when you think about it basicly every unit is different.

I'm just not sure if you'd be able to paint them to A high enough standard because for eldar it more often than not turns out really good or really bad.

EDIT:if tyranids turns out the best option I've got most of the battle for macragge one's that maybe I could sell/trade with you, or if it turns out orks we could try going half half on black reach again.

okay:bulgy-eyes:, dutchie, you said it your self i cant paint eldars so i didnt put em up.....
also why do you care you dont talk to me at school and you ignor me...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts