Librarium Online Forums banner

Which kind of army devoted to a god is the best?

• Grand daddy nurg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pleasure me elmo

• Jack the ripper

• The changer o ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm painting the new forgeworld thousand sons dreadnought for a friend right now...it's sweeeeeeeeeet! I think I'm going to request that I be able to enter it in Golden Demon this year, because I feel the model is worth putting that kind of time into it. This may just inspire me to start up a thousand sons army! I have a Tzeentch-aligned chaos army for WHFB already in the works and I think the changer of ways is giving me a sign here! :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
That's definately a sign! The great Conspirator has plans for you my friend...

And Weez, it all depends on which models, fluff and fighting style you like best.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hey Firehawks, you got the new dreadnought from Forgeworld?

How much you gave for it?
Is it plastic or metal?

Oh and by the way, I am Tzeentch follower...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Originally posted by Firehawks916@Apr 22 2003, 07:33
I'm painting the new forgeworld thousand sons dreadnought for a friend right now...it's sweeeeeeeeeet!
I also ordered that one and the death guard dread (sweet too!) at forge world - after the latest price hike of GW products forge world isn't that expensive compared to these anymore, and having an unique dread with exactly the weapons which you want to have is worth a few extra bucks.

It costs 20 pounds for base, legs and torso, and each arm also costs 6 pounds. Shipping is 2 pounds (with up to four arms). It's a resin model, not as heavy as a tin one of course, but probably a lot heavier than a normal plastic one (i love heavy models).

The catalogue:
http://213.130.44.18/cgi-local/sh000001.pl..._2e#aIAC036p_2e

jwu

·
Registered
959 Posts
KHORNE!!! weez go with what ever army feels best to you. i've also ordered one of the new dreanoughts, the world eaters one. a dreadnought with two ccw's and the destroyer upgrade really tears through everything.

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
If I were to start collecting Chaos, I'd definately go for The Great Unclean One.
I mean, think of the conversion possibilities. Some vile pus here, a nurgling there and presto: a cool looking plague marine. and come on, have you seen the old nurgle predator, with the screaming faces melded into it's hull, and the daemon stretching out from it's front? it freaking rocks!

Liber Bubonicus all the way!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I used to be a Slaanesh fan but after reading 'Eye of Terror' I've surrendered to the Lord of Change!

I am a servant of the almighty Emperor, saviour of Mankind but if I had to choose I'd definately go with Tzeentch!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Of course I`ve gotta say Tzeentch. The fluff stories are a really good read in comparision to the gross outs of Khorne or the tragedies of Nurgle and Slaanesh.
Also the models, when well painted, look excellent. I love that Egyptian-style headdress that the 1K Son troops have and Lord of Change IMHO is one of the best looking models in all of WH40K.
Lastly, from a gameplay perspective, troops do have a major strength with being at +1 wound at no cost and a squad of Flamers with Doombolt (thanks Moufinn, my mistake) is a serious bit of firepower.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 1st of the Thousand Sons@Apr 1 2004, 18:09
and a suad of Flamers (Bolt of Change) is a serious bit of firepower.
Flamers use doombolt, not bolt of change (i would get a million of them if they did)

·
Registered
58 Posts
go grand daddy nurgle. even though i dont play nurgle i still like it how they can hold a bolter and CC wpn and the manreaper is a nightmare! i hate versing death guard because of the reason that all the DG players (or all that i know) down at my local GW have manreaper on their lords!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.