Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to fine tune my tournament IG army. It has been doing pretty well(aside from a double jetlock list). Let me know what you think. All comments appreciated. As long as you explain yourself....

HQ

CCS
4-Melta
Power Fist & MB on the Commander

Troops

2XPCS
4-Melta

6XInfantry Squad
4-Autocannon
2-Melta

Fast Attack

2-Vendettas
HB

2-Vendettas
HB

2-Vendettas
HB

Heavy Support

1-LRBT
HF Hull
PC Spon

1-LRBT
HF Hull
PC Spon

2-Hydras
HF Hull

2000pts Exactly...

15 KP
8 Scoring

What do you think....

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: It won't last long being a juicy target. Drop the PF and probably the MB too.

Troops: Equip one PCS with 4 GL and use it on foot with some of the AC equipped squads to hold home objectives. Give these infantry squads a GL too. Other PCS and troops travel in the vendettas, Single BS3 meltas are poor against tanks so I would equip these squads with a single flamer to supplement the lasgun attacks. The 4 Melta PCS and CCS should be enough antitank especially with all the lascannon from the vendettas.

Fast: Super.

Heavy: As the Russ are long range put the HB back on the hull. Hull HF work well on basilisks and the like but the Russ is better with a HB that will fire every turn rather than a HF that will probably only fire one shot every other game.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
the sponsors aint worth it and the CCS and PCS needs a chimera for protection. the vendettas also don't need heavy bolters since they will be shooting MC and tanks alike.
thanks
antique_nova

·
4,967 Posts
But vendttas dont just shoot tanks. The HB upgrades are cheap (half the cost of on a Rus). When you shoot carnifex, MEQs, Termies, sentinels and eveb rhinos the HBs can help. When you take 6 vendettas and several melta carrying squads you could easily destroy all enemy vehicles in the initial turns so switching to infantry targets can often happen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the CCS and the PCS are going in the Vendettas. THey dont need a Chimera for protection. The AC squads sit tight on the home objective and the HF on the Russ is for hordes getting close. (I have no other flame templates)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hmmm. it seems more of a aircav list. personally i would like my vendettas to move up and deploy flamer squads. and place my CCS and PCS in chimeras. but vendettas are the perfect escape vehicles to run away in so i don;t think your commander would want to anywhere else .lol ^^.
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.