- Founding: 13th

- Chapter Master: Shraider Erethor

- Home world: Tygress III

- Fortress-Monastary: Unknown

- Main Colors: Black and Yellow

- Speciality: 1st and 8th company assault: 2nd and 6th company siege

- Battle Cry: “In the name of the Primarchs”

- Estimated Strenght: Unknown

100.M36: The Angels of Tygress is formed out of an unknown chapter geneseed.

110.M36: The Angels of Tygress finds their home world on Tygress III and builds a fortress monastery.

150.M36: The Angels of Tygress embark on a cleansing thru the Tygress system.

160.M36: The Angels of Tygress meet fierce resistance against the zealous inhabitants dedicated to the chaos god Tzeench on the planet Tygress II.

165.M36: Chapter Master Shraider forms the Tygress PDF, they get extensive training from the captains of the Angels of Tygress chapter to be able to defend against the Orks and Eldar raiders in the system.

200.M36: The Angels of Tygress 1st and 2nd company gets lost in a warp storm. The chapter is left whiteout Chapter Master, High Chaplain and Chief Librarian.

210.M36: The Angels of Tygress chooses Oceanus Sarpedon captain of the 8th assault company as a temporarily Chapter Master.

250.M36: The Angels of Tygress suffers terrible loses against an ork invasion of the Death world Haddrack.

255.M36: The Angels of Tygress temporarily Chapter Master Oceanus get severely injured in a fight against the ork warboss Grgosk and is placed inside the shell of a ancient Dreadnaught.

260.M36: The Angels of Tygress temporarily Chapter Master Oceanus makes a drastic decision and orders the remaining chapter to pull out and begin the hard work of rebuilding the chapter.

280.M36: The Angels of Tygress Discovers a warp storm in the Tygress system, and begins to take actions.

290.M36: The Angels of Tygress battle whit the foces of chaos as they spew out from the warp storm, suffering minor casualties.

300.M36: The Angels of Tygress discovers that the warp is closing but at the same time an Astartes ship that is emerging from the warp

300.M36: The Angels of Tygress receives a distress call from Chapter Master Shraider who was onboard the ship.

301.M36: The Angels of Tygress travels to save the survivors on the ships, still vary that it may be a trap.

302.M36: The Angels of Tygress successfully saves the rest of the marines onboard the ship. The survivors where the Chapter Master, Chief librarian, High Chaplain and the 1st and 2nd company captains and their honor guards.

312.M36: Chapter Master Shraider re-gains his position as chapter master and makes a statement that they are not to recruit new imitates until the warriors they currently have is deemed veterans.

320.M36: The Angels of Tygress embarks on a crusade to rid chaos from the face of the planets in the nearby systems.

325.M36: The Angels of Tygress encounters some native inhabitants which are zealous. They suffers some losses from the newer initiates, and are left whit enough marines to fill 2 companies.

330.M36: The Angels of Tygress Chapter Master Shraider sends the 1st company led by captain Cronos Tancrede to meet the threat of an dark eldar war host.

335.M36: The Angels of Tygress receives a call for reinforcement from the 1st company. Shraider Erethor sends the 2nd company led by Captain Iapethus Lysane.
After dispatching the 2nd company, Chapter master Shraider Erethor, Chief Librarian Hyperion Malachai and the high chaplain sets out to begin the tiresome work to find new initiates.

340.M36: The 1st and 2nd company returns from the fight whit the Dark eldars, both the companies have suffered minimal losses. The remainders of the 1st and 2nd company are all deemed veterans, but they are reduced to 1 and a half company.

341.M36: The Angels of Tygress finds suitable initiates on Tygress III, II, I and V

345.M36: The Angels of Tygress begins the hard work of rebuilding the chapter

350.M36: The Angels of Tygress is contacted by the Dark Angels chapter and requested to take part in the Aves II campaign.

355.M36: Chapter Master Shraider responds to the Dark angels request and travels to the Aves system whit Hyperion and the 1st and 2nd company.
During their travel to the Aves system via the warp gates, The high chaplain begin to get mutations, Chapter master Shraider is not sure of what he should do, so he puts the Chaplain in quarantine

356.M36: The high chaplain broke free from the quarantine and slaughtered half of the crew aboard the battle barge, before finally meeting his end at Chapter Masters Shraider and Chief Librarian Hyperion’s hands.
The Angels of Tygress arrives at Aves I and immediately makes land fall to intercept the chaos forces. When they land they find the planet deserted and receives a distress call from the battle barge that the Dark Angels have opened fire on the barge.

357.M36: The Angels of Tygress is stranded on the planet of Aves I, there have been no contact whit the imperium for a year. Chapter master Shraider is doing what he can for holding the chapter together.
The Angels of Tygress begins a desperate search on the planet of Aves for a way to get off. They stumble upon an ancient tomb where in it lies the tomb of a Adeptus Astarte with a glorified sword. Chief Librarian Hyperion recovers the sword and is the protector of the artefact until they return to the imperium.

360.M36: After being stranded on Aves I for 2 years, Chief Librarian Hyperion makes a speech about that the Imperium have left them, he boldly says that their only salvation is for the chapter to follow in the Primarchs footstep, to finish what Horus started.
Many marines is not happy whit Hyperions proclamations, Chapter Master Shraider begins to agree more and more whit the heretical thoughts of Hyperion.

380.M36: Chapter Master Shraider Renounce the oath to the imperium saying that they don’t owe the Emperor anything and that the one that would have saved the imperium would have been Horus. Shraider re-names his chapter to The Legion of Blood.

385.M36: After Chief Librarian Hyperion have made a pact with the chaos god Tzeench, he continues to search the planet for an ancient chaos portal which he is able to find thanks to the guide Nance of Tzeench.

390.M36: The now Legion of Blood returns thru a warp storm to Tygress III, they find that the Dark Angels have searched the Tygress system for information about The Angels of Tygress. Hyperion begins converting the local population to the forces of chaos.

C&C would be appreciated!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Really interesting stuff. I like that the chapter suffers quite a bit of hardship right from the start and there's none of the customary "Space Marines are awesome, kill everything, one guy dies." stuff. I think you can definitely expand on the zealos inhabitants. Are they cultists? Are they independant planets with unique technologies who disdain the emperor's work?

The rescue of the Chapter Master's ship and the struggles of the first and second companies can be a very interesting bit of fluff. You can pretty much justify any battle by saying that the warp storm carried the ship to distant planets where the marines were forced to fight to survive against all evils the galaxy can send at them. Good work and keep it up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It was great overall, the only thing that stuck out at me was the two different planets with two groups of "zealous inhabitants." It may not be a problem fluffwise, but I would add a little variety in. Maybe the second planet of "zealous inhabitants" is cleansed in M40, or you go more into detail on each group, describing how they are different (One is a Word Bearer Cathedral world, where they fervrently pay heed to the dark gods, the other has just never been colonized, or something of the like).

Using the same phrase to describe two different conflicts just stood out for me.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
- Founding chapter: Unknown

100.M36: The Angels of Tygress is formed out of 2 unknown chapters geneseeds.
The genealogy of geneseed is tracked very closely and so the founding Chapter would be well-known. (The only exception is Grey Knights, and that only because the information was deleted for good reason.) You can default to an Ultramarine successor if you don't want any genetic history interfering with your fluff. Also, geneseed cannot be mixed, and hasn't been in any piece of fluff I've ever seen.

- Founding: 13th
The 13th is the Cursed Founding. A lot of those Chapters went bad in various ways; you may want to go with 12th or 14th.

- Fortress-Monastary: Unknown
This would be the homeworld, Tygress, yes? Or possibly one of its moons.

- Speciality: Assault and siege
They specialize in both offense and defense? Perhaps there is a unit type they focus on, or maybe several companies specialize rather than the Chapter itself.

- Estimated Strength: Unknown
Marine Chapters are limited to 1,000 active brothers. More is not permitted by the Codex Astartes. Less is not permitted by the needs of the Imperium.

Why did the High Lords found the Angels of Tygress? One idea would be that a 13th Founding Chapter was wiped out early on by an unexpected threat and so the 14th founding included the Angels of Tygress to replace (and avenge!) them. Good work on the timeline!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help guys.

To Intrepid: 13th founding was the dark founding not the cursed founding. the cursed founding was the tweny first. more of it here: M36 - Lexicanum.

And i know that each chapter that is created during this time dissapers or is destroyed this is no exception, it is just that i havent come to that picece just yet.

One more thing, Edited the story whit meating the first Zealous inhabitans.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heey everyone, I have been gone from LO for along time (again >.>). Then I remember my fluff thread so I decided to continue on expanding it, I have changed some of the way that the dates have been written and I have added some more (new things added in red).

Now my problem is what to write so could you guys give me some hints on what more you want to hear? ^w^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts