Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys I've done a little research into "lower tier armies" and I have found that most people agree that Beastmen are..... underpowered (I am by no means saying these are the worst, just out of the "lower tier armies" I found I like these the most). I always like a good challenge so I am starting a Beastmen army and I plan on playing a lot of games against every army I can.

The plan is to do everything involving the army via this forum, so this means:

• Choosing an army list
  • Assembling and painting said army
  • Finding and challenging players of all armies
  • Reporting the results of said games back to you guys (the pro's) ;)

So just before i get into this madness I would like some feed back, please leave a comment if you like the idea and are interested.

Aiden.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I recommend learning to use the Ambush rule. It's a bit risky, but that ambushing unit has straight-up won me some games.

Also, look for ways to beef up your Gors. You get their Strength to 4 or 5, and they will butcher things.

Also, where could I find a discussion on army power levels? I'd be interested to read it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your comments, I will look into the ambush rule and how to "beef up my Gors", I need an army list first which will obviously be posted on the correct sub forum.

You can find Army tiers and what not by searching in different forums or Google. I would post a link but there are so many opinions I wouldn't want to be starting a flame war, what I did is simply look at as many as you can find and take the most common opinions to be more accurate.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Thanks for the tips, I did that and opinion seems to be divided - what I've noticed as a common theme is that people who have seen the style of army I'm using and recommending (blocks of Gors/Bestigors, beefed-up characters) seem to consider them a solid army, and people who have seen more of a monster-spamming army (Minotaurs, Giants, etc.) don't seem to think they're very good. I think that should also help point you in the right direction with regards to army composition.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again for your comments, I am going to start a thread on the beastmen army list sub forum, hope to see you there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would be interested for sure. I am kinda learning beastmen myself and would likely describe myself as someone that fields the softer style of beastmen (no leadership 10, tend to use centigors, minotaurs and monsters). I find this a more fun (yet obviously weaker) approach. I have however still held my own in games by finding a balance between competativeness and fluffy choices.

I will catch up with you on the list thread!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a thread up on the army list sub forum, somebody needs to start me off.

Don't all rush at once lol (although it would be cool to be first).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts