Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Yeah, I may have been out of BFG for a little while, but I'm pretty sure the rules still require you to take a couple of cruisers before you can use a battleship; unless of course marine fleets have a rule to counter that in their pdf/entry in the armada rulebook.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I may have been out of BFG for a little while, but I'm pretty sure the rules still require you to take a couple of cruisers before you can use a battleship; unless of course marine fleets have a rule to counter that in their pdf/entry in the armada rulebook.
There's no rule that says that in the blue book. The only restriction is that you can take one battle barge per 1000pts or part thereof.

You might want to revise your sureness. :p

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I'm not one hundred percent sure about the armada rulebook; but I do know that the BFG rulebook I have does require imperial fleets to take at least three cruisers for every one battleship. Now I know that armada is additional/revised rules but I don't ever recall that requirement being lifted in imperial fleets. (Though I do remember there being some sort of point value a fleet was supposed to be for a battlebarge to be taken.)

As for the 'list' itself, I think its kind of weak; one large/slow ship can be beaten pretty easily by almost all of the other fleets out there since most of them can have better range and more maneuverability. (Chaos, eldar, dark eldar, orks, and tyranids would probably have very little trouble taking on a lone battlebarge.)

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not one hundred percent sure about the armada rulebook; but I do know that the BFG rulebook I have does require imperial fleets to take at least three cruisers for every one battleship. Now I know that armada is additional/revised rules but I don't ever recall that requirement being lifted in imperial fleets. (Though I do remember there being some sort of point value a fleet was supposed to be for a battlebarge to be taken.)
Those are restrictions on the Imperial Fleets. The rules are attached to that list and that list only. This fleet can use either the Armageddeon or Astartes lists and still be legal.

As for the 'list' itself, I think its kind of weak; one large/slow ship can be beaten pretty easily by almost all of the other fleets out there since most of them can have better range and more maneuverability. (Chaos, eldar, dark eldar, orks, and tyranids would probably have very little trouble taking on a lone battlebarge.)
Obviously this isn't a serious this (see the thread title). It's just have I have a spare battle barge lying around and thought it would be fun to throw it into a battle.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Seems like it could be an interesting "third player" for a scenario with one fleet being Imperial/Astartes and the other, well, anyone else.

The non Imperial player must cripple or destroy the battlebarge with the Chapter Master on it, something like that.

Deployment with the Battlebarge a third of the way across the table and facing directly away from the non-Imperial fleet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.