Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all 40K space marines what Charcter do you think is the best in profile and looks and why?

I know this is very very very very very tough to call! but i think you can call it and peoples views on it are

·
Registered
178 Posts
umm

Well i should say Capt Shrike if i was a true raven guard devotee but i think Morioso or Logan Grimanr are the best Moriosio is a dreadnaught......you cant g wrong lol.
He gets also a melta and a hvy flamer, black rage and * attacks!!!!1

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Marneus Calgar.

Why? well he has more wounds than most of the other characters, has the ability to pass or fail any LD test and he's cool.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm

Didnt u collect necrons?.
Marneus calgar is an actual noob to the space marines, he has the same amout of wounds as pretty much all characters and wat is that about leadership. Not in the codex (i think)

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Yes, I do collect necrons, but I have a fairly large SM army way before I started collecring necrons.

As to the wounds, most characters have 3 while calgar has 4. As fo the LD thing, its called 'Pure of heart and strong of body'.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Marneus is pretty amazing, and the model is NUTS. he definetley gets the vote for coolest looking, even if he isnt quite the best

·
Registered
39 Posts
Calgar is the coolest, but as i am a Dark Angels player, Azrael (4 wounds) is my favourite, but the model need to be redone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm

Well marneus is great yeh...... and yeh.; but Dante is better: weapon skill: 6 Wounds: 4
Inferno pistol (omg its a melta pistol assault 1 lol it rocks) and he has a jumpack.
Better then Marneus by a long way

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Oh my, Calgar got votes? Calgar?

Come on, he leads the most boring and least lethal chapter in the Imperium. His men look like Smurfs.

His pose is begging to be shot in the chest.

He has powerfists on the one I5 unit in the SM army. Clever boy Calgy, you go smack that Hive Tyrant one.

Unfortunatly Azrael has a combi-plasma and no worthwhile invulnerable save. He does however make all the DA stubborn. Leadership that Calgy.

Asmodai is scary and not to be messed with. Ezekeil, he's not too good. Naaman. Good for small scouty games.

Logan Grimnar, ace. Frostblade or smacky fist. Nice pose. Terminator armour that looks like it. Overall superb.

Ragnar has a fair chance of taking down a WL with his great Ws, attacks and Frostblade. I'd vote for him.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a bit of a soft spot for Chaplain Grimaldus. Do I really, honestly, think he's all that great? No, not at all. However, he comes with a holy relic that doesn't count towards your total. With him, the Emperor's Champion, and a third HQ, you can put 3 relic/artefacts into your army instead of the 1 you're normally allowed. Practical? No. Fun? Yes.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
'Best' is subjective as differing point costs and style of play effect this.

Is this limited to SM characters or can CSMs be considered?

Of the SMs I think I like Shrike, Ragnar and Logan the best for Combat effectiveness. I'd never play with any of them though and Ragnar's model is getting real dated.

For looks? Mephiston. Giant anime power armoured space vampire. Whoo!

For CSMs:

Although I'd never use him, because I don't play Black Legion, Abaddon's funky sword is neato enough to give him my vote for combat effectiveness. Sure he only gets one attack with it, but if he hits, you're character or tank is dead. That's pretty sweet.

For coolest looking, I'm going to have to say I like Fabius Bile the best. That cloak of human skin gets me every time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shrike?

i play shrike all the time and with him, a chaplain and a shrikes wing reclusiam command squad i can make at least 25 attacks all power weapons and re-roll failed to hit/wounds ! thats at least 20 kills. Kill count:16 guardians 23 kroot, 12 space marines. then the emperors chap and avatar came slaughtering them all.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
CaptShrike said:
a chaplain and a shrikes wing reclusiam command squad
I'm assuming this is bad wording on your part and your just adding a Chaplain to Shrike's Wing rather than doing something against the rules. The Reclusiam Command Squad and Shrike's Wing are seperate listings and can't just be combined.

However even if you just attach a Chaplain onto Shrike's Wing, you still run into problems. When a Chaplain is attached, you lose the ability to infiltrate or scout with Shrike's Wing.

Just something you should have a think about.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Addoran said:
I'm assuming this is bad wording on your part and your just adding a Chaplain to Shrike's Wing rather than doing something against the rules. The Reclusiam Command Squad and Shrike's Wing are seperate listings and can't just be combined.
As I recall, he has a tendency to apply all sorts of bizarre "house rules" to the Wing (combat shield, assault cannon, some funky initiative special rule, etc...), so he may very well mean it. But going by the rules, he's still got a point. The squad in question (legal version) would produce 37 attacks, 48 on the charge.

Ahem.

Back to the topic, I've also got a liking for Shrike (since I play the Ravens and whatnot), but he's not really all that combat effective on his own. I'd have to say that my overall favourite for gameplay would be Tigurius, but then again, I do have a real thing for Librarians in general.

In terms of looks, I'd have to say either Logan Grimnar, Shrike, or the Emperor's Champion.

Of course, if we're allowed to bend the definition a bit (not specifically Marine characters), it all goes out the window - Grey Knight Grand Master, hands down! (IMHO, of course...;) )

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Shrike is let down by his lack of an Invulnerable save. And power fist allergy.

His wing is a little expensive if upgraded. More so that thier worth I think.

Ragnar is an old model, true but slaping a new bolt pistol on him improves him hugely. Plus SW may eventualy be re-done. (Russ willing)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Addoran said:
Seeing as Cypher counts as a CSM/IG character, you can't really argue for him as the best SM character.
Dont get technical.
He a Space Marine and hes a Charecter.
:shifty:

As far as being used in a Loyal army I would say Captin Lysander.
Awesome model.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ahh that!?

that was my command spquad i talked about! not shrikes wing they are only allowed lightning claws. anyway back to subject, a chaplain can be attached to any HQ (i think shrikes wing too) and isnt there a trait or rule that u could give a chappie to also infiltrate too? ( i dont want to lose that ability to infiltrate it rocks)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts