Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all i was just wondering what every one takes as there HQ choice. like what works good and stuff. i my self was thinking

sorceror
MoT
familiar
disc (or wings what evers better)
warptime
winds of chaos (when i get up close)
bolt of change (for long range units)
245 points

but i have heard that its better to take a demon prince(why besides his strengh) like wouldn't a sorceror be better at magic

also what would you do for a nurgle HQ

thanks feel free to post what you like to use

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
He's got a familiar. He can have a third power.

That being said, that Sorcerer is basically way too expensive. I don't think he comes anywhere near topping the list in terms of effect to cost ratio.

·
Registered
181 Posts
drop wind and take gift, wind will only be fun once, till you get shot to hell. but if your in CC, make his shiny tyrant, sammeaul, lysander, and all the other pesky ICs yours!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i am cheap money wise so expensive unit don't bother me and i like my hq to be bad a**. also all i have for my units right no are a squard of seven plague marines so i also need help with what units to chose.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i thought thats what dis was for to get in to close combat fast, as for getting shot bolt of change can always just blast umm right back and is gift the one that makes spawns cause i heard spawns are terrible and that spell is so hard to get off (just what i heard)

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
One of the most reliable and destructive combinations is a Daemon Prince with the Mark of Tzeentch and Warptime along with some other power (usually Doombolt or Wind of Chaos). It's a fantastic combination. Even when you are bogged down psychically (vs. Eldar, or Librarian Hoods) he can do great things. Where a Lord with Daemon Weapon is unreliable, and a Sorcerer can struggle against psychic defenses, the Daemon Prince really shines.

I'm not saying it's the best, but it's certainly one of my favorite options.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for a demon prince though wouldn't i have to make him monterous like with the demon prince model cause as i sayed before i am cheap . also i play agianst tau emperor childen marines space wolves and nids

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
As for money, an extra 10-15 USD more isn't much to ask in the grand scheme of 40K. You may not be investing in the proper hobby if you're terribly frugal bud.

As for your opponents, I personally believe that the Tzeentch Daemon Prince is good against all of them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha like its not like that but i also don't want a demon prince because i ether want to do a traitor adeptus mech or like a voodoo type guy some a big monsterous demon doesn't fit unless you think wurrzags head will look right on a demon prince body(cause i have been looking for a body)

·
Registered
103 Posts
In terms of effectiveness, some kind of daemon prince with wings will give you the best bang for your points as an HQ, not only for dealing damage but taking it as well (as a fire soak), but it sounds like you also have other stylistic criteria in which case I'd say go for the fluff/what you think looks best because none of the chaos HQs are really terrible.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i like that hq:
daemon prince
mark of tzeentch
wings
warp time
bolt of change
for a whoppin 200 points, but he's really great for flanking tanks and ripping apart whole units in cc. great alrounder...
by the way he cost me around 11 euro, i buyed a chaos dread via ebay and modeled it to have an enormous jump pack using some spare bits i got lying around. so he was cheap, is effective and very individual, too.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
for a demon prince though wouldn't i have to make him monterous like with the demon prince model cause as i sayed before i am cheap . also i play agianst tau emperor childen marines space wolves and nids
Well, if that's all you play against it might not be so bad. The 'Nids will probably give you some psyker trouble, but other than that it doesn't seem like they'll have a lot of defenses unless the Space Wolves have a Librarian.

Hmm. He's still rather expensive. I think your best bet would to go with more of a focus. He seems to be all over the place right now. You could go for a shooting sorcerer, with wings and a shooting psychic power or two, but a Lord w/ the MoT and a Daemon weapon would probably fit that role better.

Or you could go for a close-combat sorcerer, with a disc, warptime and winds of chaos.

·
4,967 Posts
With my footslogging Deathguard force I prefer a very cheap HQ to keep my model count up.

I simply use a Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle for 130 points. He is slow but then so is my entire army so he is well supported.

I would like to give him wings and maybe warptime or doombolt but I would have to drop plague marines to do so. When he is this cheap and this tough it is hard for the enemy to justify sinking that much firepower into the poor fellow. He usually survives the game.

My Plague Marines can deal with most threats so the prince usually rides shotgun looking out for terminators, Deathcult assasins, and monstrous creatures that override the feel no pain benefits and thus really upset Plague Marines. Like papa Nurgle he looks after his children 0:

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Uh, yeah. No more Kai Gun. That got ditched in new codex. The closest equivalent is the Tzeentch Daemon Weapon, Deathscreamer.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
With the MoN?

Basically, you're down to Psychic powers at that point.

Warp Time is probably the best pick.

Doom Bolt is almost identical to the Kai Gun, so you might go for that.

Nurgle's Rot is reasonable on a close-combat prince.

Wind of Chaos is fairly devastating (about once) but the most expensive option.

Gift of Chaos is funny, but pretty unreliable.

All in all, I'd take either Warp Time or, since you were thinking Kai Gun, Doombolt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.