Librarium Online Forums banner

what is the best tank for the imperial guard points-to-performance-wise if you are playing on a 4 by

• Basilisk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leman Russ Battle Tank

• Leman Russ Demolisher

• Leman Russ Exterminator

• Leman Russ Conqueror

• Shadowsword

• Baneblade

• Griffon Seige Tank

• Sentinel

• Hellhound

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what d'you think? Remember, this is a 4 by 4 we're playing on, so that Basilisk ain't gonna be around for long blasting the crap out of the enemy with a MINIMUM guess range of 36".
The only reason I included the forgeworld IG tanks is because it's just popped into my mind. Sorry if I missed any out.

·
1,019 Posts
In all my games my Sentinels have never let me down. GO SENTINELS!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like the standard leman russ because it has a little something for everybody, and you can trick it out with some cool stuff. Mine had Hull-mounted lascannon, battle cannon, sponson HB's, pintle-mounted storm bolter and a dozer blade. The HB's can take care of infantry, while the lascannon can take out vehicles. the Battle cannon is good for both too, making it a good all around tank :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can't go wrong with with str 10 ap 2 can you? Nomally I would chose Basilisk, but 4' by 4' table I going Demolisher.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Does a Hellhound Really count as artillery

·
Registered
25 Posts
i like the basilisk cuz for 125 points you can have strength nine ap 3 with indirect fire so if you find a nice spot of terrain to hide behind it doesnt matter about the armor level

·
Registered
33 Posts
But you miss the point, its a 4x4 table he's talking about. Just about any army's gonna be in hand to hand like round 2. Big tables, yea the Basilisk, but for this small a table give me something with heavy bolters on the sponsons. A Leman Russ with hull mounted HB, plus two HB sponsons and pintal mount stormbolter. Not too expensive on points and sitting back on table can pound just about anythin on it. B)

·
1,019 Posts
It really depends on the army you are fighting...But yeah, for this table i'd really have to change my vote to Leman Russ Battle Tank. All those Hvy bolters and that main gun can kill anything...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I rather like the Baneblade. Yes, its super-duper-massively points-heavy... but its seriously pretty much all you need in the army.

And being able to fire all its weapons independently is *very* nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends on what the opponent has....a four by four feet table ain't gonna tell u much....if the opponent has lotsa infantry then just used exterminators and sentinels but if they have lotsa tanks use the standard lemen russ against them...

·
Registered
60 Posts
oh and forgot to mention....if it's a four by four table full of places for the enemy to hide behind use a hellhound to flush them out of their cover!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Griffon, definantly...
It's ability to just stand WAAAAAAY back and lob shells on the unsuspecting enemy is just so nice!

Anyway you didn't mention it here, and it isn't an artillery piece...
I'm just a huge fan of the Sentinel Powerlifer, it just looks so damn cool!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Standard Leman Russ has been the kindest too me. Their the most versatile and when you have a pair of them, the enemy has to worry about two. I know that doesn't seem like that big a deal, but when you throw a Chimera and an Demolisher together what are they going to shoot at? Your demolisher is going down. And its 24" range isn't very useful.

I've also found Sentinels to be incredibly useful too, even killed a Chaplain on a Bike in CC!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Leman Russ battle tank rules !!

Never forget : KISS (keep it simply stupide/simple)

Well, that's the way I see it, best price/power ratio.

Kryss

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.