Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who in your opinion is the best guard regiment. I personally like the steel legion models the best, but I also like the fluff for mordians

·
Registered
278 Posts
You are right about the Cadians being standard and Steel Legion being Armoured Co. but I think the Tanith are more representing an elite type of IG army.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
(You forgot the Praetorians...)

Fluff-wise I like the Valhallans best. They also have the coolest look in my opinion. The only problem with them is that they only really fit in on a snowy gaming table.

I suppose gaming-wise the Cadians are my #1 choice but I still like the Valhallans best.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Since somebodys bumped this post up, I'll reply ^_^

For me, tis the Valhallans. A good look, and some good fluff, but Bobas right about the "They only really fit in on a snowy or cold/freezing landscape.

Then Its the Cadians. A very universal look to them.

But story wise its the Tanith (TBH I've not had a close look at their rules and models yet :eek: ) But the books are great, and they give alot more than the standard fluff you get in rule books and codexes IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i love c'an'adians and steel stuff legion you also forgot storm troopers, not the ones you know in flack armour but the ones wearing beraits and look like british marines

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been playing warhammer 40k for about 3 weeks and so far i have 40 catachan men, 3 snipers, 1 chimera, 1 leman russ, sly marbo, 1 catachan captain, 11 stormtroopers with sergeant and plasma weapon, 1 mortar and 2 heavy flamers.
I am going to get the new plastic cadians (2 boxes-40 men) and 5 ogryns. Personally, i like all of the guard so im gonna get them all, when i need to fight i'll choose whichever one appeals to me the most on the day :)
i like stormtroopers because they are cool, cadians because they look good in squads, tanks because they are tanks, ogryns because they are powerful and catachans because they have muscles :) :ph34r:

·
Registered
122 Posts
the NEW cadians look realy realy good, and i've seen a pro-painted squad, the flamer is the best though
who elce can say they have held the new cadians?

( and i dont even collect IG, i collect CHAOS ) ha ha ha :p

·
1,019 Posts
I must say that my favorite is the Cadians. They've stood against Chaos for this long so i have a deal of respect for them... that wont stop me from feasting upon their souls though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.