Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting a special chractor(for friendly games) too add to my growing force. The book lists 3 orion, drycha and the twin sisters, all are powerful but i just wanted some advice on which are the most powerful. Since its just for firendly im no building my army about them.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Drycha or the twins. Orion just has too little defense.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His defense is quite low but dont forget he has a 5+ward save and has 6 wounds. He also dishes out 6 str5 attacks at str7 on the charge so not much will hit back.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Still, Orion fights and does little else. The Sisters can impede whole units from moving (And then punish them with a breath weapon and the stone-thrower-bow), while Drycha's special rules really make the spirit army shine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still, Orion fights and does little else.
Orion fights but he also casues terror, adds dispel dice and can panic units within 18" when he first charges.

The Sisters can impede whole units from moving (And then punish them with a breath weapon and the stone-thrower-bow),
The sisters are good but with a dragon theyre more expensive then orion.

while Drycha's special rules really make the spirit army shine.
I agree Drychas special rule makes the army amazingly versitile but in a fight Drycha isnt really up too much. She can kill rank and file but aginst an opposing lord she will probably die.

Personally i think that orion is the best i just love that 18" panic on his charge.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The next time you have the Beasts of Chaos book in your hands, take a look at Morghur. He's not all too tough by himself - something between a Beastlord and an Elector Count. But his spacial rules are what he is bought for.

As for Orion's other capabilities - Drycha also causes Terror, and generates one more dice than Orion (Levels+Spites).

I grant that Horn of the Wild Hunt is pretty damn nasty, especially against low-Ld armies. But Drycha is still better, IMHO, for her Ambush rules and offensive magic.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
I totally agree with you on Drycha Vs Orion, but it is a clse match to me. I am supirsed that no one as metioned the Bolt Thrower on is back ! He has a cruising speed of 9 inches, making him a threat to anything on the old world food chain on a charge.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Orion is more of a direct affect chractor who greats damge on his own whereas Drycha causes damage through that nasty deployment rule. However moving 9" and then lining u pfor a nice bolt across a uint of chosen would be very funny for the look on an opponents face .

·
Registered
48 Posts
questions about orion: is he fast cavalry...? (wild rides r :wacko: )
can his horn only be used once??

also the dogs are usless.. just had to say that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts