Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just reading through the latest Imperial Armour book and I came across the the blood slaughterer. I really like this model, and as its not too expensive I may be tempted one day. It took me a while however to remember where I'd seen the name before. FW are quite good at taking old miniature and adapting them slightly. Where this is an old 40K miniature they often include them in their books, like the old rhino chassis, but quite often what they make are new versions of previous epic models. I assumed this model came from epic, since the authors had included their usual cryptic references to previous sightings and alternate versions.

Then I remembered where I knew the name from. I'm surprised it took my so long to remember because its one of my favorite old GW miniatures and one of the best names, mainly because it was just so so bad (How can you slaughter blood??). In fact I've had a thread mentioning it on this forum before.

While a lot of people will remember this miniature I thought I'd repost a pic for those who don't, along with the new one. I won't label it, I want to see if people can guess which one was designed by corporate GW of 2009 and which one by Hippy GW of the eighties
Enter that most feared daemon engine of Khorne, the BLOOD SLAUGHTERER

If I could get hold of one I wonder if my opponents would let me use it with the new rules ;) ?

·
I was very, VERY drunk.
612 Posts
Bonza. Cheers for the comparisson pic, Pierced.

Personally, I'd rather buy a Chaos dread from forgeworld, if I collected Chaos, of course. The GW Chaos dreads are, forgive the pun, dreadful but I really rather like the idea of them and you wouldn't have to have permission from your opponent to use it.

That's just me, of course.

·
I was very, VERY drunk.
612 Posts
Haha - you say don't forget as if I have a clue what I'm on about!:D I'm afraid I'm a Guardsman through and through, so I'm really just pontificating, though I do have access to the latest CSM dex (know thine enemy and all that!).

If you were going to use it in both then I can see how that would be a sound choice, but for myself I like the look of the dready more.:beer:

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Thinking about dreadnaughts and permissions to use a Blood Slaughterer just gave me thoughts of converting one to use as a counts-as defiler/soulgrinder... could probably modify the arms to hold the necessary weaponry and the head to fit a battlecannon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts