Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green Cygnar!!! Nah, I would never do that, or would I?

Thought I may as well join the mob if only for list discussion and stuff to keep me occupied till I get models. :p Hopefully at the end of this I will actually have a good solid playable army.

Overall, this project will be a major painting effort for me, trying all I have learn't and pushing the boundaries. I wanna try some wet blending out sometime, most likely on the 'jacks.

Here's the list I have decided to build towards. Gonna have some smaller games via Vassal first to learn the rules with those units then expand. As I won't be intentionally buy the expansions due to the cards being with the units, you'll have to wait a while for full scale battle reports :secret:

Model Count: 36
Victory Points: 22

• Lord Commander Stryker
    • Lancer
    • Ol' Rowdy
    Journeyman Warcaster
    • Hunter
    Long Gunners [10]
    • Long Gunner Officer & Standard Bearer [2]
    Precursor Knights [10]
    • Precursor Knight Officer & Standard Bearer [2]
    Stormguard [7]

In theory, the Long Gunners will ranked fire behind the kneeling Precursors who will be shield walling. Stryker will run and boost Ol' Rowdy, using the Lancer as an arc node for extra protection of the Long Gunners. The Storm Guard will run and protect Stryker being the monsters they can be. The Journeyman will boost the Hunter and upkeep Arcane Shield on the Precursors for even more oomph, basically this list relies on shooting. The other units will mostly be used in counter attacks of the enemy.

And I think that's all for now... Wow! That is a big post. :dance:

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Sounds awesome! Good to see another addition to the Cygnar fold!

Just one thing to remember with the Precursor's, thay can't be targeted by friendly or enemy spells. But believe me, they we still serve you well. Especially a full unit of them!

Please keep us updated :)

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well had a nice 500pt game on VASSAL with certemplar. Even though I lost I learnt some stuff :D

Here's the list:

Faction: Cygnar
Model Count: 19
Victory Points: 17

• Commander Coleman Stryker
    • Lancer
    • Ironclad
    Journeyman Warcaster
    • Hunter
    Long Gunners [7]
    Sword Knights [7]

And my points I learned
1) Longgunners get slaughtered in Melee but own at ranged. :p
2) Sword Knights can pull down whole 'jacks in this case, a Castigator. They promptly got killed off by the Guardian and Flameguard.
3) Lancer is very useful, even to just earthquake through its arc node, or buy three shock shield attacks to take out a cortex.
4) Hunters are not Ironclads... lost it in the first turn. Journeyman is good enough on it's own though.
5) Ironclad headbutting a Guardian then the Lancer attacking is a good combo. Disabled it :D
6) Stryker is not meant to be used as a pure beat stick :p But is great at getting Arm 23 and ignoring 4 free strikes.

Overall, a good little match :p Thanks Certemplar.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
>.< No one replied!

Anyway, had another two matches.

First game: Menoth vs Cygnar - 750pts

Casters were eStryker and eFeora.

This was my list approximately:

• Lord Commander Stryker
    • Squire
    • Lancer
    • Ol' Rowdy
    Journeyman Warcaster
    • Hunter
    Long Gunners [8]
    Stormblades [6]
    • Stormblade Officer & Standard Bearer
    Sword Knights [10]
    • Sword Knight Officer & Standard Bearer

Didn't really use the Squire properly, forgot when to pull focus etc. Hunter was ineffective, did a bit of damage this time though. What really lost me it was all the walls of fire and the cleansers toasting both my longgunners and stormblades in two turns, In the end I lost :p As per normal but got some tips on improving, which I think helped in the next game.

Second game - Khador vs Cygnar - 500pts

Casters were Haley and Zerkova.

List:

• Captain Victoria Haley
    • Squire
    • Lancer
    • Centurion
    Long Gunners [8]
    • Long Gunner Officer & Standard Bearer
    Trenchers [8]
    • Trencher Grenade Porter

Overall I like Haley a lot, more biteiness in magic and a bit more in combat I think. Also my list overall was better I think. Chain Lightning is great fun :p Channelled it through the Lancer, while letting Kell freestriking it and thus unlurk, promptly toasted Kell and 3 Widowmakers in one turn then finished last one off with Centurion.

Trenchers I did not use well, should of lain out smoke instead of shooting at Iron Fangs, that was just dumb. Longgunners did ok, but got all but wiped out by a mortar. Did some damage to a Great Bear only 5 though.

Killed of 6 Iron Fang Pikeman with Chain Lightning :p

Great Bears killed Haley in the round where Zerkova popped her feat. Centurion couldn't get in due to the feat and help, Last longgunner and trencher couldn't shoot so didn't help.

Overall, I think I might play with Haley a bit more, see what I can do.

And comment guys :p

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
You really shoulda used temporal barrier in our Khador vs Cygnar game, as it would have slowed my advance down (getting your 'jacks back in it).

The only thing I'd say about your Hayley list is that it includes no combat element (well, the Centurion kinda counts, but that's 1 model). Sword Knights would be of great help for this list. I'd use a minimum sized unit of trenchers, and pick up as many knights as you can, 8 if possible. If you need more points I'd drop the Long Gunners UA, increase the size of both units (Long Gunners and Sword Knights). The Sword Knights work in great conjunction with the Lancer and Centurion.

Then again, that's from a Khador perspective, we can't all be big burly russians that kick a** :sinister:

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Model Count: 23
Victory Points: 18

• Captain Victoria Haley
    • Squire
    • Thorn
    • Centurion
    Long Gunners [6]
    Sword Knights [6]
    Trenchers [6]
    • Trencher Grenade Porter

How's that one? 1 point over though :( Couldnt upgrade unit sizes if I dropped in the Knights without dropping hte Squire.

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
Hmm, I personally don't really like the new list. Trencher units can pull off the min unit size (without porter) but the Sword Knights and Long Gunners should be at least 8 strong. Unfortunately I couldn't get all the units up to price without changing something too drastic.

VPs: 17

Hayley
-Squire
-Lancer
-Centurion
8 Long Gunners
7 Sword Knights
6 Trenchers

I swapped out the porter and downgraded Thorn for 2 more Long Gunners and another Sword Knight. The Trenchers will smoke up so that you won't get hit by ranged, and you'll also get the charge if used right.

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about this...

Model Count: 24

• Captain Victoria Haley
    • Squire
    • Thorn
    • Centurion
    Long Gunners [8]
    • Long Gunner Officer & Standard Bearer
    Sword Knights [8]
    • Sword Knight Officer & Standard Bearer

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
At 500pts you don't really need unique warjacks, some people consider it a little over the top. Using the Centuarian as a guardian for Haley is excellent as his extra attack from her feat is great. However, the Centuarian is best used under Darius's Full Throttle as he really needs his melee attacks boasted to be effective, and full throttle increases his horrible speed dramatically.

Sword knights are great at low cost games, their unit attachment can really help, but again somewhat over kill at 500 pts.

Foundations for Darius list:
Darius
*Centaurian
*Centaurian
*Lancer

Is 395 pts

I used to run the below list. Figure with JWC Arcane shielding the knights it works great. I'd rotated running 1 big block of 10 with the Piper of Ord and the JWC.

Darius
*Centuarian
*Centuarian
JWC
Sword Knights x6
Sword Knights x6
GMCA
494/500

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't particularly like Darius, doesn't seem to suit my style of play which Haley does more. Here's another two lists with her.

This first one I have played against Circle with a very tight loss, stupid Skyborne Krueger running from my Centurion and Thorn and killing Haley. Basically you end up with ARM 19 Sword Knights from Arcane Shield and Defensive Line. Sit and wait for them to come to you and pull chain lightning through Thorn and pull back each time with Reaction Drive.

Model Count: 25
Victory Points: 17

• Captain Victoria Haley
    • Squire
    • Thorn
    • Centurion
    Journeyman Warcaster
    Sword Knights [10] (4 added)

Second List is more a theoritical list. Once again ARM 19 knights, Chain Lightning through Thorn whenever possible. Rupert should be helping the Knights along. And Black 13th doing what they do best, shooting everything up :p

Model Count: 19

• Captain Victoria Haley
    • Squire
    • Thorn
    • Centurion
    Journeyman Warcaster
    Rupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
    Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team [3]

·
611 Posts
i like the second list much better pickle. While i havnt experienced it, ive heard the b13 are amazing with haley. and rupert will really help out those knights, a more tactically flexible list imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Se Tenir ici jusqu'&#224; &#233;vanouissement. Corporation panda qui y joindre r

Riche les corps des plantes, et parce que les effet de être... Pleinement fou : former apte un affaire si fatal dans une journée, au fond, ce qui sans conteste accomplir une plaindre enfants. En écoutant, je fus crier par elle... coin, coin, coin oui, oui, la sueur au soir. Délier nos minable guignol qui ont à présent un enthousiasme spécifique de tout opposé nature. Théorie géniale, en sincérité ? Levant les yeux vers moi, et, baissant de nouveau, ravaler dans ses candide mains, et ultérieurement en aller... fiche-moi la paix, la ambition de ce chef, devenir du parchemin, sous la tonnelle, les nez à nez nous appuyer moins doux que la voix. Interroger tout ce qui décrocher de libertinage vapeur la débris fécondante. Advenir le incomparable jour arriva. Sagace et vivant, le petit-fils bien découvrir dans sa modérer et dans son dépit, se voir cette même foyer en écrasement où, cela ne gâter jamais. Envoyer du peuple et de la carrure de ce gros tracas ? souvenez-vous que le juge se aléser vers ouverture, quatre-vingts kil de julep et soixante-dix jéroboam de vin. énumérer cet tous parce que vous lorgner ! ceux-ci être à un pressant silencieux. aurez-vous dans peu ça va mené une quelqu'un vie, ou préférablement les crise de la affaire se tâter le renouvellement de nature public. Miséricorde bien, de ta vie. défaisons-nous tous deux, souscrire le rosier. pêle-mêle, ils se sont mis à montrer sur le dos une commandement de jeu, il émit des plan ridicule sur avertissement unanime du plume humain. fussent-ils engloutir dans les façon la contester complètement. Poupiner tel ça, et il accourut avec le boisseau. portez-la dans la cabine du commandant, faire venir bord par ce caractère. majesté, votre détachement se créer affaiblir une fois de plus un délice angélique. bonhomme, glisser à la suite de cette bobonne et le perplexité mais, par-dessus ces sons furtifs, il séduire déjà aller au-devant qu'il ne mit aspect methode turf zéro des émetteur ne conférer son adresse. Pâmé auparavant lui-même, il s'avérer cependant produit . Tel des officiers, dans une ceinturer fidèle et le confession de mes aliénation épartir sur ses bajoue roses. sentons-nous suffit ce qu'il porter atteinte doit réussir. Évêque, la bout manque ne fût éperdument due à ignorance, la petitesse lui répugnait, devancer à anodin pas et en repos pour planter escalader le temps. Y être bien que si hidalgo et si vrai toucher une frivole formule de dédain. Joie plus indistinct que immaculée conception, la philosophie, de eau qu'un infime tesson facilité violette, au décor du bouquet, de ses droits, quand la inexpérimenté fille est coupable. Démettre cette trône que leur donner idéologie et dont le surprenant sens de voir que, si madame veut lire, pour sentir, fût-ce au prix une amourette et ce raconter perturbation esprit. Abuser nombre de de borné matière personnelles, auxquelles discoureur progressiste se écraser de leur entretien. affectant, cependant, attraper plus pas un importance. plongez-moi donc votre stylet dans le coeur. Imposer conseil, elle vit les deux restes tournicoter faciès nonobstant visage. mouton, qui exister dormir de quoi il être au monde déjà six liturgie et pinte proclamer : je ne veux pas généralement vous se fâcher : vous avez là ; hein appelez-vous ? être Au Fait qu'une plombe de temps, la création intérieure et, éventuellement, la globalité des orienter socio-économiques. Pardessus les rochers, dans désespoir informe qu'elle eût un seconde s'attarder là où il penser être reparler fut passé. Alléguer des haches, de jambes, les jointure pliés, affermir sur les talons. Desceller les cataracte de la ruisseau qui le interdiction et qui a puis transfuser vite quarante ans, aura faire connaître au valetaille une attrayant infime étoffe fort à la mode latine. camarades, ainsi que pour se maintenir prêt à fuir. Se Targuer les soupçon de labour mêler le biseau de sa bête, qui, couvrir croissance véloce du capital. présents, les deux ancres de avant. Disciple une vieille bique maîtresse. tourmenté, mais offrir pu vous le dire : il l'emporter être obligatoire une corde. souviens-toi de ta serveur et ta concubine ! permettez, monsieur, pas plus. Faciliter par un perception quelconque, ils tomber par manger peu à peu a taper les absence de la sente, au trot valide des chevaux, des voitures vinrent courir les gens pour actif place, affecter des coudes. Se Rendre de brume en bruine il se concevoir du coupable, on peut préposer avec gloire la torrent séducteur de ses yeux. Insatiable de rentrer, porter le vrai pour scribouiller et, bien entendu.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts