Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll with the first of most likely many titans to come, complete; I have started on my first ever commssion. Someone at the local hobby store is paying my $95 to build him a cardstock titan ovre paying roughly $550 for the forge world variant. Ill post more pictures of the titan as its built as all thats finished of it right now are the legs and the hips which arent even glued together.

The finished one is only missing a toe which I used to start the other titan. Im calling it the "Volpis" pattern, being that that is roughly latin for Fox and my last name is Fox. Yes it is alot like the Jackel pattern but I dont care.

The only details left to be put on are the fuzzy dice for the cockpit, finsih the cockpit, and put on the rack of lights with smilely faces just like the big monster trucks. Campy, yes, funny, indeed.

There she is in almost finished paint!

From the other angle, again she is almost finished being painted and snowed on.

To add to the flavor, a crushed 'Nid

My thats an awfully big twin gattleing machine gun of doom, death, and destruction you have!

Evidance that the Tech. preists are still alive and well, its a BABY titan!

Hope this shows that anyone can make a titan from cardstock so yeah go out and build one today! Hope you like this and yes there will be three titans bult by the end of the month; man I have to much time on my hands.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
It looks nice fox, but I think it needs rivets, everything has be held together with rivets, or even just straps of card along the edges held on with rivets, to give those big plates more details :) I don't think I'll ever want to put in the work to make one of these.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
It's still

It's still very cool. If you can do that in 4 hours I would love to suggest that you should consider how much better you could make it if you had spent 20...

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
For four hours' work, that's not half bad, but I have to agree that some more detail would make this model. Next time, I think it would be well worth the investment in just some plasitcard strips and "rivets." Wouldn't take much more than that to really make it a masterpiece.

Not to pooh-pooh what you've done. It looks great. I like the snow effects. My marines (if I ever finish them) would be proud to serve alongside it. Great job!

·
Mad Modeling Master
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's still very cool. If you can do that in 4 hours I would love to suggest that you should consider how much better you could make it if you had spent 20...
Well 4 hours to build it plus or minus an hour of cutting out the paper. But then about another hour to detail it and god only knows how long to paint. Painting is the bitch that takes the longest.

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Four hours? not bad.
Looks great with the snow effect on it.

Think I might take a stab at one of these puppies onceI paint my Baneblade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.