Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after enduring the emabrresment of noobishly posting a Warhammer 40k Minefield idea in the Warhammer Fantasy Battle forum, I thought I`d redeem myself by posting it in the (what I think to be) right forum. Anyway, I had an idea for a minefield, and I thought I`d post it here:

Rules
Minefields are constructed on a 3� by 4� base (this may vary). They are made from a varying array of materials. If a squad of Infantry (excluding Skimmers and units that have the Hover special rule) wishes to move through a Minefield, they must move through as if taking a Difficult Terrain test. Once the whole squad has finished moving into the Minefield, roll a D6. On a roll of 1, a member of the squad trips a mine. If this happens, place a Small Blast template on a single model in the Minefield. Any unit under the outside of the template takes a hit with a S5 AP4 hit. Note that the model gets a S8 hit with no saves possible. If, by chance, a Skimmer’s base is under the template, it is hit on a 6 with a S3 AP- attack from the shrapnel and debris of the blast. If a unit has survived the initial detonations and is totally inside the minefield, they may remain stationary and shoot without having to take this test. However, a unit assaulting a unit inside the field must take this, and both units in Close Combat must take it for each combat round after that. Units consolidating must take it, also.

Now, what do you think?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
May I add...

I messed up. When it says "Note that the model gets a S8....." I ment to say "Note that the model under the hole of the blast template gets a S8...." This is because the unit that trips it gets the brunt of the blast (god, I hate typos)

·
Registered
518 Posts
maverick1224 said:
This is because the unit that trips it gets the brunt of the blast (god, I hate typos)
terminators can take"the brunt of the blast" from a krak missle.It should be ap3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts