Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I got my GF a present, a Sister of Battle that I painted to look like her, in my SM army's colors. Of course, she wants me to use the mini-her in battles. I was just wondering if I could use the counts as rule to say that the model is a chapter master or chapter captain equipped with a bolter. Theres not much i can do to the model since it's metal and already painted up.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you want to use the model in official tournaments, you'll have to clear that with the organizers. If the model is equipped with the same options of a captain or master, you can came up with some fluff to explain it and it should be fine.

On friendly games, I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow that is actually kinda sweet of you to do that. . . Impressive! well good luck on that. . . I might have to try that. . .

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow that is actually kinda sweet of you to do that. . . Impressive! well good luck on that. . . I might have to try that. . .
Not sure mate, i think it depends on the women.

Some may say sweet some may be anoyed and offended

lol

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
My GF has made her own and woe betide me if I don't use it in friendlies.

Looks nothing like my marines and is thoroughly equiped in a manner you just can't explain. Things like a sweety dispenser on its front so the marine can chow on strawberry shoelaces as it kills the infernal enemies of teh Emperor. Proof mankind doesn't understand women kind right there! ;-)

So what do I do? It's an objective marker. Explained how that is even better than a playing piece cus it means both armies are fighting over here piece. She loved it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
lol - yes i think i would be running very fast after that

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Keep it clean gents.

I was considering that you could have the sister be a sternguard sergeant. Maybe your sternguard are an actual deathwatch team, and she's the inquisitor leading it?

Justice, that's actually a really slick idea.

Praxis, read "deathwing" there's a story about a female callidus assasin that becomes part-genestealer. Perhaps a counts-as broodlord? Or heck just paint a carnifex pink with flowers for her :silly: .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info:)

Its kind of funny, everyone here is saying how sweet it is, ect.. and all my friends who don't play 40k give me a funny look when I say that I gave her that. She loves it of course, she thinks that all the little guys fighting is cute, haha.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I love girls and all that, but they are a different species. When i showed her the completed Ironclad dreadnought she got me for my birthday, she said
"Arrrr, is'nt that cute ?"

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks for the info:)

Its kind of funny, everyone here is saying how sweet it is, ect.. and all my friends who don't play 40k give me a funny look when I say that I gave her that. She loves it of course, she thinks that all the little guys fighting is cute, haha.
Its because they dont get why you like the game. Where as your misses either puts up with it or thinks its a cute side to you. i.e. she usually dont understand why you play (just like your friends) but she likes the passion you have for it

my misses would not like a painted model, she would prefer shoes

·
Registered
211 Posts
kind of funny little bit... when I first got married she didnt understand why I would play with little toy soldiers, and now when ever I get them out to work on the she sits and watches and is always telling me how to put them together... heh, am still working on getting her into to it though lol

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
kind of funny little bit... when I first got married she didnt understand why I would play with little toy soldiers, and now when ever I get them out to work on the she sits and watches and is always telling me how to put them together... heh, am still working on getting her into to it though lol
This is very worrying considering that you are 1 year old...

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
I think that was a great :)female-fighter:cute) idea just try to use the model as many times as You can!

I would say (that`s what I do with my canoness) just count as an Inquisitor or even canoness, can be HQ or Elite whatever better for Your list. Better to take a look on the WH foru, as a canoness maybe is not that fragile as she looks, Faith points etc I am not sure about the female space marine... I don`t think that any kind of fluff will be accepted in a tournament. In friendly games... anything can be accepted (even female SM captain)!
The objective marker is very good idea.

I am lucky enough that no designer can make a mini that is so pretty to remind me of my wife :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am lucky enough that no designer can make a mini that is so pretty to remind me of my wife
I guess your wife must also read LO you old smoothy!

Not convinced my wife would be hugely excited with a figure... having said that she is starting to read more and more fantasy\vampires etc.. hmmm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.