Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~My friend and I are having a little bit of a quarrel about the Metal Lore's Curse of Burning Iron and Spirit of the Forge. He plays WE, while I play HE. His bit of disagreement, which I can sort of understand, is that his Treekin are effected by Curse of Burning Iron because of their armour save. He believes that because of Scaly Skin save that they ought not to be effected, and as a House Rule he believes that the Scaly Skin armour modifiers should be disregarded when dealing with such a spell. This would lower its effect on Lizardmen and his Treekin, and the like.
~I can see his point quite clearly, but my question is this: Was is stated like that to balance game-play? Or is this some mistake that has been taken care of in some errata that I haven't found quite yet?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
~My friend and I are having a little bit of a quarrel about the Metal Lore's Curse of Burning Iron and Spirit of the Forge. He plays WE, while I play HE. His bit of disagreement, which I can sort of understand, is that his Treekin are effected by Curse of Burning Iron because of their armour save. He believes that because of Scaly Skin save that they ought not to be effected, and as a House Rule he believes that the Scaly Skin armour modifiers should be disregarded when dealing with such a spell. This would lower its effect on Lizardmen and his Treekin, and the like.
~I can see his point quite clearly, but my question is this: Was is stated like that to balance game-play? Or is this some mistake that has been taken care of in some errata that I haven't found quite yet?
No, they are not immune to its effects. I'm a diehard WE player. I have played Wood Elves since they were released and have gamed competitively with them for over two years. And I would never argue that either of those spells didn't hurt my forest spirits. I'd expect to be wounded and disallowed a save and take double-flaming wounds.

It's not about the type of armor. It's about the fact that a model has an armor save, no matter its origin.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Exactly. Scaly Skin acts exactly like armour, to quote p96:

"Note that scaly skin is an armour save to all intents and purposes..."

The spell is based on the target's armour save and scaly skin is part of the armour save. There is no way around this, as the rules make it very clear. People often try to interpret the rules based on what they think should happen, rather than actually reading what the rules say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts