Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you familiar with this formation in the updated Apoclypse rules set, I'm at odds with how best to use this particular formation. I will be using a Brass Scorpion and 2 Defilers to test how well this works (in theory, quite awsome). Given the rule for the Scorpion though, it's actually better for him to be closer to the enemy; which is unfortunate given his rather nice weapons load out.

I'm at odds; I could fleet the formation getting them right into the enemy's face as soon as possible OR walk them forward weapons blazing. The former means the enemy will risk the Scorpions Death while putting minimul pressure on my Formation. The later means I will be able to lay down some beefy shooting but risk losing the formation before the Scorpion becomes an issue for the enemy.

I'm leaning toward walking them since Battle Cannon shots and the Scorpions Tail could do some serious damage while on route. And the Formation rule could insure they get there in at least a few pieces.

Thoughts?

·
227 Posts
I'm inclined to advance normally, firing the weapons. I use fleet at the end, right before I assault, to surprise the enemy and ensure my Defilers get into close combat.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
I'm inclined to advance normally, firing the weapons. I use fleet at the end, right before I assault, to surprise the enemy and ensure my Defilers get into close combat.
I agree with Craftman, thaty amount of ordanance cannot be ignored, Id move forwards, place those pie plates down and flatten some units before stompping the rest.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.