Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was in a funny mood today, and I came up with a way to make sure you will 99% sure get a draw in Apocalypse.

Okey. First the Army list. To be precise, you don't even have to own a single model. Why, you wonder? Well, you are going to have an army list of Only (yes ONLY) Orbital Strikes! 8X

You might think: "hmm, without any units, how am I going to be able to prevent my opponent(s) from getting all six, let alone 1, objective." Well, to get things right, you have to do the following.

1) Make you army list about 80% Lance Strike, and 20% Melta Torpedo.
2) Bid for maximum allowed minutes of Deployment. The reason for this is not to annoy your opponent, but for something else, that makes this work.
3) Place the objectives, place yours as close as you are allowed to the other objectives.
4) Strategic Assets:
1] Scheduled Bombardment [make these happen on 3 objectives, last turn played]
2] Orbital Bombardment
3] Surgical Raids
4] Anti-Plant Barrage (if there are any forests)
5+] What ever you fancy
5) Your opponent deployes first, because he'll bid less minutes then you did.
6) When it's time for you to deploy, take your 30 minutes to decide where the Orbital Strike are going to be. My advice, devide them equally over all the 6 objectives.
6)Your opponent has first turn, which means (The decisive point here) you will have the last turn :happy:

You opponent has until the Timelimit to take the objectives. You unleash half your Orbital Strikes in turn 2, and the rest will start to fall from turn 3 onwards.

You might see why can probably wont lose, and that because the Orbital Strikes will kill everything around the objective, meaning by the end of the last turn, your opponent will probably have no scoring units around the objectives, because they will be bombed to little bits! :party2:

So, if you are in a funny mood, just as I am now, and your are heading to an Apoc Match, think about this, and have a laugh for 1 hour, and then start a real match! :happy:

Any comments? (And plz, don't start with things like CHEESE! BEARDY! and stuff like that, it is not supposed to be a tournement list. Not really a friendly list too, but hey, if your opponent has a good sence of humor, you both had a laugh about it ;) )

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
(SNIP)

(/SNIP)
Don't scheduled bombardment happen in three consecutive turns on the premarked objectives? Maximum of one strike per turn?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
As sodcactus pointed out, Scheduled Bombardment only happens once per turn.

Don't forget to declare Exterminatus when you start placing the templates ;)

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Whee. Fun. :z
We've all noted that Apoc allows us to take as many OS as we like. But, in the interest of fun -- the entire point of Apoc, yes? -- we should probably take no more than a few. If even that many.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well if anything you can guarantee that you wont get past turn 3 in a day.........

Ive tried something similar in the past, though with only 20 OS (Took a couple of hours to work out where they all hit and what damage they did EACH turn >.>)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't scheduled bombardment happen in three consecutive turns on the premarked objectives? Maximum of one strike per turn?
*doh*, read that today too :p Well, then just spread is around turn 2, 3, and 4 :p

And about that many OS canculations, I totally forget about the time to calculate all those bombs and lances :p

But that someone actually did do it :p
Way to go Draago ;Y

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why would you want to draw?

For funnsies >.>

Though I can see this list loosing repeatdly after so many times of playing as people will just get wise to it and take precautions (such as getting their army on turn 3, keeping them well out of the way and then using Stragic Redeployment to get the objective last turn

as lets face it, its not going to matter how many times you hit em, you can get rid of several hundred models under 1 piece of terrain (trust me Ive seen it tried on just too many occasions)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you want to draw?
maybe just because you are tired of loosing every time :rofl

Nah, this list wasn't meant to be serious :p Just a crazy thought on the side, and I wanted to share it with the rest of you guys.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
erm if you bid the minimum time for setup ,you will get first turn, not your opponent, I assume you mean the maximum? spectacular, now me to, as your opponent has bid the max so presumably we dice off to see who gets last turn?

If I get last turn, I fly all my elysians around in their valks, imune to all your templates etc, then after your last turn I land and delopy on all 6 objectives - result I win

If you get last turn then you are only gonna get turn 6 to shoot and try and take down a hoard of gurad, many in cover, sure you may manage it but

at best you will only manage a draw in alf the games

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have the feeling that everyone is taking this list a little too seriously. Xilconic explicitly stated that the list was just one of those "Huh, that'd be an interesting list to try once for a laugh" sort of things. You know, for fun :p.

-H

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the feeling that everyone is taking this list a little too seriously. Xilconic explicitly stated that the list was just one of those "Huh, that'd be an interesting list to try once for a laugh" sort of things. You know, for fun :p.

-H
The funny thing is that this 'list' is totally appropriate for the INQ. Why send troops when you can send a Black Ship? Exterminatus! :party:
For both: Exactly! :D

·
Hive Fleet Níðhöggr
247 Posts
And who wouldn't like to bomb the living beejeezus out of a planet? Maybe pop in a few Grey Knight Terminators that can grab a objective or two and then maybe you even can WIN with it. 8X

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.