Librarium Online Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That sounds like decent background. I would suggest that perhaps you could use miners as your hammerers. (Ie moel them like miners but 'special' and use a background reason to make them into elite guard). It could be like how the hammerers were started. The miners ran to the rescue of the lord of the hold, they now have a special name and are an elite force.

Kuffy
Excellent idea. Wonder if I will have time to do something like that.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Managed to get my backside in gear today and make some progress on the latest recruits. Sorry theres no beer cans in the background today but I'm only just about to crack my first Stella.

27 dwarfs 002.jpg 27 dwarfs 003.jpg

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Holidays and hotel sorted, the batch above are now finished, so I have a basic army. 24 shield and hand weapon warriors, full command, 32 great weapon warriors, full command, 20 quarrelers, full command. Three cannon to fill up the special slots. Characters are currently the Thane with the battle standard, another Thane with shield and great hammer, a runesmith, and a solitary slayer who could take up a slot. I am hoping to complete an organ gun and a longbeard standard bearer who will stand in as another runesmith if required before the meet. Still have to knock up the movement trays and actually write an army list and pick runes, but fortunately there are a few recent threads full of top tips. Any advice would be extremely greatfully recieved.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Kazid Kro Zorn answered the call, when King Ulric Flamebeard summoned his vassals for an expedition into the deserts of the south to recover our lost treasures. Alas, it was not to be. Foul legions of Chaos and hoards of greenskins conspired to undo our armies in evil ways. In our enthusiasm to come to grips with the foe, our battle line was disjointed and fractured.

Evil magic undid our proudest regiment, the longbeards, and poor quality powder undid our war machines, but we held our ground and took our share of scum. When darkness fell and all forces backed off, our allies had fared even worse. But we will be here next season, when king Ulric fights again.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
A lot more complicated when you're travelling so far, but well worth it. I had a fantastic weekend, apart from being hammered by goblin magic, but live and learn. I do believe the Dawi will have a new army book before next years meet, which will make a major difference to those who can actually play the game, and give a helping hand to people like me. See you next year ?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finally, the memorial drinking bouts for those brothers lost in the deserts serving king Ulric Flamebeard are over, and the Elders begin to plan for the future. The most obvious first command is for more anti magic, and our Runesmith swears he has a brother looking for a new hold. The weaponforges are hammering out new organ guns, while the Engineers are busy looking into ways of making the very effective grudgethrower a bit more manoeverable. Meanwhile, the quality of our brewers and their Ales has become widely known, and Dawi refugees continue to make their way to Kazid Kro Zorn, boosting the ranks of our infantry.

This season, we deployed a small force of unseasoned warriors with a smattering of longbeards who never got the chance to show their mettle, whilst our inexperienced cannon and quarrelers did good service. When next we march forth from our hidden vales, we will ALL give good service, or lie in the ground for it !

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Contemplating getting back into figure painting, so I dug out this old thread and read through it. Got a busy week ahead, will use the time to think about it. Lots of still-in-the-box Dwarfs to temp me.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts