Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been developing this list for about 3 years now (with countless amounts of post's on here) and i have got to a point where i 80% of my games and have great fun doing it! So i would just thought i would post up my army so that maybe the odd person that looks at it see's something they like which will help with there own army because this one i feel is going to only get bigger now with time (bring on storm of magic).

*side not before you read this, yes it is 3001pts, if people arn't happy with this then just imagine the unit of 30 warriors only has 29 and you can make up the spare points some ware else, go on, treat yourself

-Christoph, Prince Of the Eternal Legion- 365
Chaos Lord, Mark of Tzeentch, Demonic Mount, Hellfire Sword, Talisman of Protection, Spell Shield, Soul Feede
-Theron, Ward of the Gods- 211
Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard, Talisman of Preservation, Iron Curse Icon, Third eye of Tzeentch, Great Weapon
-Nar’gal, Champion of Eternity- 165
Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Obsidian Trinket, Ruby Ring of Ruin, Enchanted Shield
-Lucian, Seer of Fates- 210
Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Chaos Familiar
-The All Seeing Swords- 555
30 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Lichebone Pennant
-Speers of the Prophet- 370
17 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Halberds
-The Royal guard of the Eternal Prince- 495
10 Chaos Knights, Mark of Tzeentch, Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician, Standard, Blasted Standard
-The Scourge of Carpathia- XXX
Hell Cannon
-The Sorrow of Moldavia- XXX
Hell Cannon
-The Blight of Athel Loran- XXX
Hell Cannon

So here is a run down of the army.
-I like hellcannon's they just work for me, be it combat or at range, in the corner or in my front lines, they do there job!
-I used to play lots of small units but with many people in my meta playing hoard's a unit of 8 wide 25mm warriors matches up perfectly 10 wide 20mm base unit
-Magic resistance in all 3 units mixed with tzeentch is a lovely way to get 5+ wards
-Normally not a fan of great weapons on chaos hero's due to there high initiative, but when my bsb has a 4+/3+ re role 1's ward.... im not to fussed
-Lack of magic for tzeentch... crazy right! To be true, as much as i like magic, i find it a tad to unpredictable, i would rather a XXX point hell cannon blow it self up then a 400 point sorcerer, though i do try to compensate with a spell familiar and the ruby ring.
-Speaking of magic i have learned 2 things front this list, if i every want more, my 365 point lord swaps out pretty nicely for a tzeentch sorcerer lord on disk. Secondly, don't use tzeentch magic xD ok it has a nice amount of fire power and there are times when it has proven its worth but it has saved more of the enemies wounds with freaking luck regeneration saves then i think i have caused, i would much rather run metal and buff my warriors with scaly skin for 1+ saves or giving them Armour piercing and +1 to hit, then if im really lucky getting of the final transmutation *droooooooool* this got me a freakishly lucky 17/39 sword masters and a loremaster the other day turn one.... ok it was irresistible and lost all my wizard levels but MY GOD! it was cool!
-lastly is champions, i can not understate how good they are in this book for chaos, when i ever get round to making a bigger army for storm of magic a war shrine is a must add for me. Unlike all the other army's who can take a champion as a basic upgrade, how many of them can turn into a daemon prince? This in low games to is amazing! for the points its so worth it!

So there you have it, an army i have created to work great for how i play, one that can dish out as much punishment as it want's whilst brushing off any it receives, using the best of raw chaos power to create nasty combinations where men are nigh on immortal whilst the souls of enemies exploded from the corpse of foes into the gaping maws of the gods. What more it's fluffy to boot!

May Tzeentch's path lead you to your true destiny

C.Wadey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely an interesting foot slogging list (except for the knights). I'm surprised you didn't use a disc for any of your characters. Especially your Lord since the Demonic Mount only prevents killing blow (since your Lord becomes Monstrous Calvary when using a Demonic Mount) whereas the norm is the disc squad of doom for Tzeentch. And my favourite aspect: the lack of dogs! Bravo! I like seeing effective lists with good results and no dogs. Goes to show that I can avoid putting together puppies as I'm slowly building up my own army (only 5 months in the making so far for a 2,500 list, only at 1550 points).

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
I
-Christoph, Prince Of the Eternal Legion- 365
Chaos Lord, Mark of Tzeentch, Demonic Mount, Hellfire Sword, Talisman of Protection, Spell Shield, Soul Feede

The Daemon Mount doesn't do much for him other than make him an easier target. Swap this out for a Chaos Steed and you're good to go.

-Theron, Ward of the Gods- 211
Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard, Talisman of Preservation, Iron Curse Icon, Third eye of Tzeentch, Great Weapon
Maybe grab the Burning Body on this fella to take care of Trolls and the like? If you did however I'd grab a halberd so you're hitting before the warriors (so they don't have to fight through regen)

-Nar’gal, Champion of Eternity- 165
Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Obsidian Trinket, Ruby Ring of Ruin, Enchanted Shield
Why do you have this guy? I'm guessing he goes with the Halberd warriors but what does he add to the unit? He doesn't add many more attacks over a basic warrior and MR1 isn't going to save that many warriors. Certainly not 165pts worth. Just bulk the warrior unit up to 24 and ditch this guy.

-Lucian, Seer of Fates- 210
Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Chaos Familiar
You can't take both the Scroll and Familiar as they're both Arcane Items.

-The All Seeing Swords- 555
30 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Lichebone Pennant

-Speers of the Prophet- 370
17 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command, Halberds

Banner of Flame maybe?

[
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts