Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All.

Well i do think that its about time that i made a new WIP.

So iim starting off with a little bit of undead. i hope to be updating regularly because it is the school holidays! I got pretty much all of the models that i need already

but we'll see....

So yeah. Well.

this is whats happened so far. i made this guy out of an empire knight and a beastmen head.

i sculpted the cape and chest armour.

oh yeah. he is a bit bad painted, but it was just and afternoon job ;)

C&c's always welcome :)

-DTG

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Hey Andy!

That banshee and those gouhls are my favourite so far, I like the ghosty feel.

Definately subscribed
-DDW

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the replies guys :)

Well, i updated last night...but for some reason it didnt post??? :p ha, oh well, i got more done since then anyways :D

So...well, Iv nearly finished the ghouls, i just need to apply some blood around their mouths and weapons..

and now the next unit that im going to do is the zombie, i thought id might as well get them out of the way ;)
Well...my army theme is blue, and also dead Empire so im making the zombies all undead empire state trooper colours. So, 5 will be blue+yellow, 5 will be blue+black, and 10 will be blue+white.
Here are the blue and yellows as they stand, i havent done much yet.....

C&Cs always welcome.

-DTG

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
I realy like the blood effects that you've got on the bases. And the scheme on those zombies is pretty awesome too. You know I like looking at pretty HQ's, so chuck a Dwayne (or Coulter) and spend a week painting one mini. :D

Looking good so far
-DDW

·
I killed Alpharius
352 Posts
F*^$ *&^@&^ @(&*^$ U BOY!!!!!!

..i have spoken

*crushes andrew's ghouls under foot*

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, well...im afraid were gonna have to wait a while for the HQ :soldier:im still deciding on whether i should have vlad or manfred....

But anyways. i got something done :D

here is the cropse cart and necromancer...

i knda screwed up his cape.....i didnt greenstuff it properly :O

Also, im still working on the blood, they it still needs another ink and a gloss varnish :)

C&C's always welcome.

-DTG

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I thought I already posted in here? Must have been about the time of the upgrade so it disappeared...

Anyway, given that you're painting undead, it means I have to watch your progress! Though it's a bit late in coming, I think I should mention I really like what you've done with that Banshee back on the first page.

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I already posted in here? Must have been about the time of the upgrade so it disappeared...
Haha. yeah, that happened to me with one of my previous updates :D

Well, here we go with another update.
Admitadly tehre isnt much happening...iv finishd the last bits of the corpse cart and also teh base, but thats about it :)

Hopefully i can try to get a bit more painting in during the weekend...

And the base...

C&C's always welcome.

-DTG

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Enkiel has a point. They do look very freshly dead, which is fine if that's the look you're going for I suppose, but it just seems a bit... odd.

The base looks wonderful, though, as does the body of the cart. Nice job on those!

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but personally, i would have gone with a bit paler skin on the corpse cart... they almost look too alive
Enkiel has a point. They do look very freshly dead

Tehe, yeah, that kinda crossd my mind. But im really lazy with skin..the colours used where:white (undercoat) then wash of ogryn flesh.....

But yeah....I guess i should give it a greeny kinda wash then a highlight...Hmm...Yeah something like that :D

And thanks for the replies guys :)

-DTG

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okey dokey, well, no work on the corpse cart zombie skin as of yet, but i started painting the last 10 zombies from the unit i started a while ago...i tried 2 different types of skin to see which one was best.

the unit isn't done yet, and the skin still need a highlight or two ;)

yeah, thge black knights are pretty much done aswell...there based on undead empire (aswell) :D
i still need to snow the bases...and blood effects...

C&C's always welcome.

-DTG

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ah yes, the easy and beloved way of making black knights. Nicely done. I, personally would have added some nice rents and tears in the armour, or a few chains and suchlike. Possibly even some grave guard heads, although I did hear they were too big.

Anyway, nice painting. Keep it up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.