Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malal, wasn't he going to be the god of madness? But was dropped for copyright reasons. The squats also, they were dropped for copyright reasons also, the guy who owned the whole squate copyright decided he didn't want GW borrowing it anymore, so they were forced to withdraw them. It was never as if they were popular anyway.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Actually, the GKs might be one of them. The ones that nobody knows about are the 2nd and some other one, and I've heard some hype that the GKs are the 2nd chapter. Even thought I know they are the 666th chapter.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Grey Knights are NOT one of the initial twenty. It states so in their codex, I believe, as being created after the Heresy.

Squats were hugely popular, K. There are still fans who are trying to pressure GW into bringing them back.They and Malal were dropped because GW sacked the fluff writer for them, and he took his copyright with him.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They were actually called the Rainbow Warriors. Blue armor, and Rainbow striping going down their helmet. Been around since the first edition, in the old Rogue Trader book. They were lame then and they are lame now...

But they were not one of the original legions. The two missing Legions are ... unknown on purpose. The Space Marine Legions were based on the Roman legions and the designers liked the fact that there were two missing legions, so they kept it that way. So that all of us with a lot of time on our hands would come up with fantasticaly wild stories about them.

Squats were never that cool anyway, they were supposed to be Space Dwarves and wound up being more like a space biker gang. Complete with Hq choices that looked like something out of that crappy Return to Oz movie... Space Dwarves would have been cool, Squats were not.

Malal kicks much ass.... I miss the ol' Renegade Chaos God...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yea, I can't find a lot of stuff on squats online, so maybe someone with them could post a pic?

·
Registered
21 Posts
GW didnt reveal the last 2 chaps coz they want to leave it open so they can think it up in the future and make more money once the minis are out and everyone's buying them when they're sick of dark angels or other boring SMs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.