Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, looking around we have
the rise of chaos- through the @$$hole of the universe (the EoT)
the rise of Tau
he rise of the Necrons....everywhere, most importantly on Mars and Commorgargh (whatever)
the rise of tryanids- coming from everywhere
the rise of orks- thriving on the warfare that is becoming more and more common

So, the imperium needs to retaliate, but with what, and led (most importantly by whom)

It appears that of the current primarchs, Russ, El'Johnson, Corax, (possibly) Ferrus Manus, Guiliman, Jhagatai Khan stand any chance of coming back and most of them are highly unlikely to

There are however, a couple of unnaccounted individuals who may help with this

2 legions go totally unaccounted for, along with their primarchs. In codex space marines, the inquisition (sort of) has blocked out the records of these

any ideas?, i figured if ever they were to show themselves, now would be a good time

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hmm, so many things in the fluff point towards a sizable revolution.

Eldrad Ulthran is dieing.

Abaddon has Cadia, and is working on the Blackstone fortresses. (which are in fact, the talismans of Vaul - powerful anti-c'tan weapons)

The c'tan "Dragon" is asleep on mars.

The c'tan "outsider" is in the middle of a tyranid invasion, asleep, or trapped by the dark eldar in the web way,depending on who you listen too.

The orks are doing nothing, which is odd.

The dark eldar homeworld commaragh will be destroyed by the outsider.

The illuminati and sensei are dancing around up to whatnot.

There is talk of Russ returning now we are in the "Wolf Time"

Cypher is up to something, and after stabbing the deciever with his c'tan phase knife, is quite possible a puppet at the deciever's command.

The emperor is slowly becoming a complete warp entity.

The other primarchs all have "return conditions" which may be activated soon.

Increased Hrud activity

Cypher was the "voice of the emperor" on Cadia. What was he doing there, and was it related to Cadia's fall?

The inquisition are getting more and more unhappy with the Space Marines lack of faith in the emperor.

Could the dragon be the machine god? and will the adeptus mechanicus contine to worship it? Cival war maybe?

Something will happen. I just don't know what.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Something big is going to happen but when and what. Oh and K-Tana, the Imperium still has Cadia "At the close of the Thirteenth Black Crusade, Cadia still stands. But she stands alone." Abaddon has all the other planets in the Cadia system, so Cadia can't last to long without the support of the other planets.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My Mistake. But she will fall eventually with no support, which will be difficult to organise so close to the Eye of Terror.

·
Registered
342 Posts
True, and I think Elrad is already dead - he sought personal combat with Abaddon (silly bugger)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cadia will never fall!! not while the glorius Astronomicon shines holy light from terra! but i think everything will stay status quo for a while. there will likely be 1 big campaign before 4th comes out. the next 2 campaigns are fantasy anyway. (highelf/dark elf war, and "summer of Chaos") primarchs are for fluff only and will likely never return even if they do it will be from a purly fluff perspective. some changes i see in teh future may include.. abaddon finaly becoming a daemon prince(13th crusade) with the release of the adeptus mechanicus they will awake the c'tan and you will be able to play them as either for or against the imperium(though that makes no difrence because how many games have you played against a brother marine captain) the other c'tan is in the web way and they will bring him out when the har;equis are brought out as they ar the guardians of the black library, and the webway. the next 40k campaign i heard was to be a necron vs iron hands campaign, makes sence as there are iron hands in the web site. There is also the "new" race of humans coming to Gothinc that i think will port to 40k.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've heard that the reason Abaddon isn't a daemon prince yet is because he doesn't want to be one. In his twisted mind being a daemon prince is a weakness not a strength, and he's probably right.

·
Registered
178 Posts
your actually sort of right... he would'nt concent to becoming a daemon prince untill the completion of the 13th black crusade. now that it is over or almost over i think they will turn him into a prince prolly get a kick ass huge new model too.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
first of all who is cypher? (sry if thats a n00b question)

i think the dragon will awaken, the adeptus mechanicus will whorship him even more, and give them(in turn the imperium) beter and more advanced tech. this(the awakengin of dragon) will ahve necrons POUR out of mars...terra being in danger again.

eldrad isnt dead sicne eldar dont die. their souls are trapped in thier sprirt stones which doesnt let slanesh feed on them. they are then placed in either in the infinity circuit or the shell of a wraithguard or lord. i think eldrad would be placed in a wraithlord...that would own so much!! lol imagin, a wraithlord iwht psychic powers heheh

i dont think the de will be destroyed...they jsut came out wiht a new codex. i think that he will still be sleeping. gw wouldnt awaken two gods at one time...i dont think

orks are still fighting the green kroosade agsint the Black templars and salamanders in the scarus sector.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it would be nice if they were to do a series of mini campaigns to decide what happens in the aftermath of EoT

My bias here is, I would kill for an opportunity to fight orks (my fave enemy) with some loyal salamanders (2nd fav chapter)- we will show them the meaning of "Kroosade"!!!

Dark Eldar vs Necrons would be cool, decide what happens to their city

Perhaps some character-focused campaigns?? (e.g., what happened to Cypher/typhus vs inquisition kill teams and dark angels)

i think stuff like that would be a little more interesting than GW just saying "Ok, Imperium good guys did nice here, here and here and he died. Chaos baddies did good here here and here and he was killed..."

·
Registered
342 Posts
"Ok, Imperium good guys did nice here, here and here and he died. Chaos baddies did good here here and here and he was killed..."
:lol: i love your wording Marshal, very cool! Sockmonkey fair enough, I don't pay much attention to Chaos fluff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, the imperium still has cadia and won the eot campaing, right. listen, when the ig defenders are outnumbered by chaos marines, u cant win. the cadian gate is horibly flargled to the point where only the occasional chinese junk can slip through. good riddens! stupid space canadians. anyways, id really like to see an apocalypse type war on terra against abbadon, the dragon, and the legion of the damned returning in some real cool raised from the dead you cannot kill us thing where they turn out to be some hidden legion that is the main bodyguard army for the reincarnated emperor who have been training for his arrival. that woyuld be fun!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, Cadia is surrounded, but the Imperium has control of the space around it, so we can just bring in troops and attack from the skies ;)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Marshal_Areal@Sep 19 2003, 00:07
My bias here is, I would kill for an opportunity to fight orks (my fave enemy) with some loyal salamanders (2nd fav chapter)- we will show them the meaning of "Kroosade"!!!

same for me cept salamanders are my first favorite chapter

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, salamander, i can almost forgive u that

there is something about legion of the damned i dont like (i guess the idea of good guys mysteriously coming in and then leaving has been done enough for me to consider it corny now)

I would rather see something new, unexpected and preferably clear cut- if u overcomplicate a storyline it can really detract from it

·
Registered
182 Posts
do you really think games workshop is gonna do ne thing for a while since they just got thru with the 13th crusade? we'll prolly juss sit around playing old style warhamer 40k until half an year later wen gamesworkshop adds sum weird twist to the story

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Void Dragon is being awoken from wherever he is, I'm guessing he is on Mars, because of:
a) In Necron codex, three Necron vessels try to land on Mars, why?
B) In Necron Codex, there is one small segment where the people are talking about the mines located on Mars. Supposedly closed off because they are unsafe, why not destroy them?

Anyhow, I believe that the Void Dragon will arise soon, after all the Necron campaign is bound to be starting very soon. He will come out along with some new Necron units, I think the 'Iron Lord' is one of them.

Despite that, you have the Dark Eldar hiding away for the moment, the Tau expanding their empire, the Orks sitting around doing nothing, Chaos is consolidating its gains, and the Tyranids are slowly gnawing away.

The Impeirum is starting to fall apart, if you don't believe me, look at the old Imp Guard codex, then take a look at the second. It is slowly being devolved into a sub-standard fighting force that relies upon religious fervor and Commissar induced fear. Unless something big happens to help out the Imperium soon, they are doomed.

Surprisingly, I think that the Imperium has a slight glimmer of hope in the next grand conflict... it will be in the form of the Tau.

Think of it, in the Tau codex, despite the fact the forces have been at war before, the two factions are ultimately, in the state of an uneasy truce (after all, how else would a Space Marine go to a Tau world on a diplomatic mission?). This in turn can be said to be able to assit the human empire. It could be some sort of agreement in the next campaign that sees the Imperiums gains from the Daemocles crusade returned to the Tau in exchange for Tau assistance in repelling whatever it is that is attacking... either way.

That's how I see it.

Sarge

·
Registered
735 Posts
I guess he neva erd of da Skar-us secter. Used ta be Ooman before da GREEN KROOSADE...WAAAGH! does a body good

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.