Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay if something like Infernal Gateway wisks away the Green knight when an 11 or 12 is rolled on Strength, can he come back.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
what infernal gateway does:

whisks away the target to the realm of chaos. the knight would be removed from table,

the aura of the knight works only when he is slain, does he count as slain? I dont know, but i would guess he can come back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The unit whisked away into the Realm of Chaos counts as being slain, I'd say that the Green Knights ability to come back is still in effect. Infernal Gateway does not say anything special about this case. What is the wording on the Knight's ability?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The rule on Aura of the fey sates that the green knight can never truly be slain and when his wounds are reduced to zero he disappears into the airand in the remaining movement phases he can be re awaken.

So since infernal gateway removes models from play counting them as slain it would seem that he can be reawaken since infernal gateway removes models counting them as slain and not just simply removed from play.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts

theres a faq on the infernal gateway that might answer this.
its about the carnstein ring, which does the same:

when the wearer is 'slain', he will be returned to life

Q.
Infernal Gateway: If this spell has Strength
11+ and the target unit has a Vampire with
the Carstein Ring, does he get to use his ring?

A. No, he does not. He’s gone, man. You must
let go! -page 5-

the green knight uses the same words,
"each time the green knight is slain"

So basically, he's gone man! out into the rift and its gonna take him months to walk back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.