Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Occasionally in times of need the Imperial Navy will see it fit to lend the use of a Vendetta or Valkyrie gunship to the support of the army. These impressive flying machines lend an awesome amount of support both in terms of firepower and speed of deployment of troops. Be aware when using them as transport though, the grav-chutes can be dangerous!"

I meant to do this as episode V but forgot and have been putting it off ever since. Still, here are 2 of the most talked about vehicles in the army. Which is your favourite? What loadout do you give them? Have you painted them differently to the rest of your army? Do you have any coolpictures of conversions to show off? Deepstrike, outflank or scout?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
After playing in a GT this weekend three Vendettas, I am convinced that if Guard does have a 'cheese' unit then these are them. I lost three completely in 5 games and always had two flying at the end of every game.

I am complete convinced that you MUST take the Heavy Bolters. 40% of the time I was shooting at infantry with them and without the Heavy Bolters these would be far less effective.

I put small three special weapon vet squads in them, but most games they barely get out of the vehicle. I try and zoom to capture or contest an objective at the end.

Astropaths are a must. I only outflank if I get second turn, but if you do get second turn, I alsmost always do outflank as Vendettas are the prize for your enemy to shoot at and Vendettas are not Waveserpents for durability.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Valkyrie - missile pods and multilaser, cheap squad with flamers, scout and use to massacre infantry.
Vendetta - add HBs, scout against light armour for better shots, outflank against heavy armour for side/rear hits.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a great Thread written about these two vehicles named 'Of Valkyries and Vendettas' and posted by Mastershake. Do some research in these Forum a few pages back and you shall find some useful information and comments.

Personally I shall prefer the Vendetta because my current List lacks some high-strength firepower and is in need of anti-vehicle support.

Nevertheless, Gunships were highly anticipated by me and were one of the things that delighted me with the new Codex.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a great Thread written about these two vehicles named 'Of Valkyries and Vendettas' and posted by Mastershake. Do some research in these Forum a few pages back and you shall find some useful information and comments.
That there may be, but this is a part of an ongoing tactica series that is discussing various elements of the codex and it's this slot's turn. I appreciate there will be other great threads out there, but this series is meant to have it all in one place so when I decide to end it there will be an easy to access set of threads stickied at the top of the page that will hopefully help other members in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
V/V's are sweet, just don't do what I did last night and put them next to each other on the edge of the board... had 2 veteran squads trapped behind them when they got wrecked and thanks to the size of the models and both squads failing pinning tests :/ took 3 turns to get em back into the fight, by which time it was simply too late.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts