Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, your shootin a plasma gun...and your hand melts into molten slag. This may seem like a dumb question, but my IG army fields a lot of plasma guns and uses cover so....

CAN YOU USE A COVER SAVE TO PREVENT THE WOUND FROM A PLASMA GUN OVER-HEATING?

Also, my friends were playing a game, and my buddy was making high use of Heavy Bolter Sponsens. When the tank was facing directly at a model his opponent argued that both sponsens couldnt see him. Sure enough, the model was too small and too close for both sponsens to be pointed directly at him, since they cant bend inward. My other question is...

IF A TANK IS FACING DIRECTLY AT A MODEL/UNIT WOULD BOTH WEAPON SPONSENS BE ALLOWED TO SEE THEM GIVEN NOTHING ELSE IS IN THE WAY?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
koth31 said:
CAN YOU USE A COVER SAVE TO PREVENT THE WOUND FROM A PLASMA GUN OVER-HEATING?
It doesn't actually say, but I'd think that common sense would apply: no you cannot take a cover save. Normal saves work just fine, though.

IF A TANK IS FACING DIRECTLY AT A MODEL/UNIT WOULD BOTH WEAPON SPONSENS BE ALLOWED TO SEE THEM GIVEN NOTHING ELSE IS IN THE WAY?
Line of sight with vehicles is measured from the axis of the weapon. If no line of sight can be drawn from that axis to the target, it cannot hit it. Also, the vehicle can block it its own weapons. There is actually a picture showing this on page 64 of the rulebook

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
As for the overheating Plasma Gun thingy...

You can only take cover saves against shooting attacks. Right? Right. An overheating Plasma Gun is not a shooting attack - it is an overheating Plasma Gun, and it has its own rules, which are detailed in the rulebook. So, putting two and two together, no cover saves are allowed, but it states in the rules that a normal armour save may be taken.

Hope that is a suitable enough answer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts