Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
no that would not be great. what would be great though is if you stop posting ridiculous things like this.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Three Things:

One:
I've seen several conversions for hovering Rhinos. Most use the same rules and just went with the conversion to have a cool model. To make one that had the same stats, an actual hover movement, and fast vehicle rules (24") you'd have to use VDR and get your opponent's permission. The ones I've seen were variations of a rhino hull spliced into the center of a land speeder, or a stretched land speeder with and enlarged hull. Pretty cool looking.

Two:
ragnar blackmane,
If you're posting junk topics just to try and boost the number of posts, stop it. If you're genuinely interested in conversions for a hover rhino try using spell check and proper grammar in your posts. Nobody cares about the occasional typo, but you sound terrible. Your posts are on the verge of being unreadable. You'll get less flack if you don't start off by irritating people with third grade writing skills.

Three:
Carcaroth,
On top of being rude, your post was as wasteful as you accuse ragnar blackmane of being. Just because you don't think the idea is cool doesn't mean others don't. The simple fact that there are several conversions out there in various locations means others do find a hovering rhino and interesting idea. Didn't you ever learn that if you can't say something nice (or at least useful) don't say anything at all?

If this response annoys anyone personally, just think of it as the opportunity for me to vent about the steady decline of manners, grammer, and respect I've observed in the last few weeks on Librarium. ragnar blackmane and Carcaroth just happened to provide a convenient example, especially since I've seen them doing the same thing several times. They, however, are not the only ones.

·
Registered
120 Posts
WolfRaider: Hear hear! I completely concur with your statements to BOTH of the (ahem) gentlemen that put up posts. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have looked at a post on this site and said to myself, "What the HECK does that mean?" Alternatively, I cannot begin to count the times I've read other posts and said to myself, "That guy's an @$$hole!"

Anyways, I sure hope this post doesn't put me in my second category there... just agreeing with a fellow gamer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
listen i am not just posting topics to get my number up i reallly need to know the answers and my grammer is soo bad is becuase i am failling grammer in school so leave me aolone

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
My advice to you, friend (And when I say advice I mean order, and by friend I mean minion ;)) is the same as to Logan Grimnar: Post all your questions in the same thread, since it not only saves on space ( and hence member irritation, including my own) but it also means you only have to check on the one thread as opposed to many over different subforums.

As I said to Logan, I am increasingly doubting whether you have seen, much less play, the game the site is based.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly, and I will see to it that my brother is informed about this thread, and distributes warnings as he sees fit, as should you, Equizetore!
Topic to be locked.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i already pmed inquisitor about this so his post i already know about but anyway..
why are people getting so pi$$ed here at a hovering rhino? the conversion id for actual ideas and opinions on conversions, so why is people getting so pi$$ed?
o and its grimMnar by the way(with a extra m) ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Exactly. That is why I dispensed some warning action on this topic. And, without further ado...
Back on topic!
I see no problem with a hovering Rhino. It would have to have a new name, though... like a Zebra. There's that problem solved. Now, we'd have to account for the engines by giving it less capacity- say, five or sive Marines. Now just bump the points up to maybe 65 or 70, and Voila! A Fast, Skimmer Rhino.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe he is talking about a rhino converted like a transport like I saw in WD awhile ago, it was an IG army based on the Old Airborne Cavlary In Vietnam. There he use the count as rule this model counted as transport and this on as a hellhound, the Rough rider were on hover boards :huh:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Space Marines do not have anti-grav technolagy (Pardon Spelling) The only thing they have that is close to it is the land speeder and assault squads. Mayby a paradrop rhino would work but i fear i have just made a stupid comment. To conclude this post I shall say that the rhino would be too heavy to carry men in it. And even if it was light enough, it wouldnt have time to lay down on the battlefeild and drop off the troops, they'd have to jump out and on a roll of a one they'd splat or loose a wound. Plus if they tried too mobr over terrain they'd have to take a roll and on a one it'd die, all troops inside would have to make an armour save and all the ones that passed would have to roll a dice to see if they died or not. Hope I didn't ruin your dreams. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe a Vietnam inspired Space marine Chapter, with every vehicle flying. Just think of it Space marines painted in camo style jumping from hovering transports(rhino), and Converted Gunship could be a predator, and a large one a Land raider. just Imagine that. :huh: and Cheese don't cry over this Idea.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And so did you, Arjoe.
A Hovering Rhino would be cool, but somewhat useless. The Rhino right now is good, and I have no beef with the rules or the model.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
This thread is pretty damn off topic, and I seriously doubt it's going to improve. And now for those magic words:
Thread locked.

...before someone else brings it up again with more 'interesting' comment...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.