Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all IG colonels out there! Here's our own category where we can discuss our armies.
Please introduce yourself and let us know what models you field,(cadian, catachan)

I have been a IG commisar for about a year or so. Have been interested in the hobby for some years, but it took a while before I realy started playing and painting. I field an army with mainly Catachan(because they are the only ones available in plastic), and some Tallarn. I've got about 2000 points of models now, but I'm now looking for reinforcements. I just have to finish painting my models. And thats alot of work!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got about 2000 points of models now, but I'm now looking for reinforcements. I just have to finish painting my models. And thats alot of work!
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! that is my problem as well!!!!

I made a decision.....i will remove the flash, clean, mount on the base and make terrain...then primer all my models FIRST. at least I can play, THEN, I will start to paint them properly.

TO add to my craziness, I just bought an entire Death Watch Marine squad....which I have to build and clean....this is NEVER ending!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have been playing Warhammer 40k for 4 years now. I played Blood Angels (all sold) for 1 year and Imperial Gaurd for 3 years. I now play an Imperial Gaurd amoured company worth 2000 pts mixed with Steel Leiogn infantry. My regimanet is the 3rd Kriegs Panzer Division 'Death's Head'. My soldiers have seen a complete 9 wins and 4 losess, and have won the Warhammer 40k tournemant at my local gaming club.

I shall destroy any who defy me, pathetic beings

Thats all I have to say.

·
Registered
34 Posts
IG

I play two IG Catachan armies each designed for a specific purpose.
#1 is a 2000 point Armored co "The Junkyard Dogs." However, I call this a light armored co. I do not use the standard GW tanks. I have converted 1/48 scale Merkavas and M2 Bradley AFVs for use. Using the VDR rules. I had to drop two ponts of armor and the side sponsons, but this allows me to move and fire the vanquisher AT round(not the ordanance round) and I have a co-axil hvy bolter.I can also include a hull mtd. lascannon Whats the use of having all those side sponsons if you can only fire one weapon after moving?
#2 "City Hall" is designed specificaly for urban combat. I do use one unit of 5 ogryns with Commasaar and a unit of Kroot Vulture Mercs.
A Medusa also helps a lot.
"Every day above ground is a good day"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to see somebody signed in here. Please feel free to post pics of your tanks in the gallery section. Would be fun to see them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am currently working on my Krieg infantry company, and I have about 1500 points worth of them (almost all painted, w00t!). I am probably eventually going to upgrade them to mech. infantry, but for now an infantry company is pretty fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts

I painted almost all of them in the style shown in the Armageddon Codex, but I am considering redoing them in the style shown in the Chapter Approved 2k3. I also think I can do them better, and they need squad markings, too :)

On another note, does Daemonhunters have rules for Priest Delegations? I want to give my army a imperial cult fanatic look about 'em, because I am basing the history of my army on the fluff from the Chapter Approved.

I hope their optional/trial rules become official someday...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I you can get a priestly delegation but, it's not in
Codex: DeamonHunters. You can find them in White Dwarf #274 where you can get a priestly delegation under Elites choices.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have been thinking about starting an Armageddon Steel legion army, is there anything special I should know about that specific part of the IG?

Eztrovia!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I'm just starting a Valhallan-style army. I've been playing Space Marines for so long that I felt I needed a change and Valhallans are the coolest IG fraction.

My army is from the snowy world of Negu-Tadh in the Jova Chez system in Ultima Segmentum. They are called the Negu-Tadh XXXVI 'Moonlight Guards' and are led by Colonel Frost (how about that name for a Valhalla style colonel :lol: ) clad in white trenchcoats over light grey uniforms.
So far I only have a single squad but I'm getting there...

-Rob

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Cool!
It's always good to have themed background for your army.
And I have to admit I have a love for the Valhallans too. They got the "historic" style, you know they're like the soviet military in the 80's.
The steel legion look like german WW2 troops.
And Catachans are like the americans in Vietnam...

Cheers!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Armageddon Steel legion army, is there anything special I should know about that specific part of the IG?
Anything special? Not really, except they look good in a single camo color on their trench coats, like grey or tan, cause they are based Germans in WWII.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I play tallarn and no im not a terrorist . Been getting a lot of that. My friend is always making fun of me for collecting the Talaban army . I have around a 1500 pt army. Im planning to expand it to a 2500pt, although the moneys quite load. Tallarns cost twice as much as those damn platics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cant wait for the Cadians, but I'm very much afraid that when they are put out so many of the IG armys are going to look the same (all Cadians). OH well, thats just gonna have to boil down to the paint job I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
oh well i don't particularly care about the cadians personally. I collect catachan guard at the moment and when i started i said to myself -- "you are not collecting cadians -- catachans rule.". It's helped so far -- I'v now got 1000pts of Guard in what? 2 months? Bloody quick buying and painting. Now I'v bought 1000pts Tyranids in 3 weeks as well, i'm taking a big break from 40k so that i can recover financially. HOLY F**K**G S**T -- Games Workshop do earn one hell of a lot of money from Warhammer don't they?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I play a Cadian Imperial Guard army (their rules are very cool) of 3000 army points, but my cadians are all converted (I don't want them to look the same as all other imperial guard armies!)

·
1,019 Posts
I just recently started collecting an Imp army.
They're the Ikoli sentries (the 56th raising). They fight mostly in a urban enviroment, so their color scheme is grey with white lines.

But since the bulk of the Ikoli Sentries are tied up in the battle for the Eye, they have to raise alot of their troops from the local population. Because of that the bulk of my army are urban camoflagued Catachans (making them look like unruly recruits or hive gangers). They also make extensive use of Sentinels instead of big tanks.

You can be sure that i'll get the Cadian models. They are Purrrfect! (for my army atleast!)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.